Brethren Identification

dmprantz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
In this post Carlyle mentioned something about a pin, and I thought that was a really good idea. I can see two things: One would be a lapel/hat pin with the "Fear the Pig" logo on it. The other would be a badge very similar to the KCBS badges. In the corner it would have the "Fear The Pig" logo, and then it would have two lines of text. The top would be the Brethren username, and the bottom would be the person's real name. Any one else think this would be a good idea?

dmp

Last edited:
Some one mentioned that he had gotten lapel pins for competitions in the past, so if he wants to, I'm sure he can provide some input. I think some comps have them for judges, so maybe an organizer with experience there can chime in as well. One or two Brethren may even do this professionally. Still, it looks like 300 1" lapel pins can be gotten relatively affordably.

http://www.lapelpinsuperstore.com/lapelpins/cloisonne.htm

Engraved name badges are relatively affordable too, especially if you batch up.

https://www.bestnamebadges.com/engraved-name-badges.php

Obviously, I don't own the Brethren nor the Pig logos, so some one else would have to pull the trigger on it. Just some thoughts, and this is just the first thing that came up in Google to see how much it would cost.

EDIT: Another option is to go with laminates on lanyards, maybe "brethrenizing" the lanyards. I've seen some large MIM teams take this approach. It would probably be cheaper than engraved name plates, but personally, I like the name badges more. Just throwing out ideas.

dmp

In this post Carlyle mentioned something about a pin, and I thought that was a really good idea. I can see two things: One would be a lapel/hat pin with the "Fear the Pig" logo on it. The other would be a badge very similar to the KCBS badges. In the corner it would have the "Fear The Pig" logo, and then it would have two lines of text. The top would be the Brethren username, and the bottom would be the person's real name. Any one else think this would be a good idea?

dmp

I propose tattoos! That would show "real" commitment to the Brethren!

Since I did mention it, I really think that is a good idea.

Would be proud to wear it, if reasonably tasteful.

Alas, I would not do a tat. I am getting old- where ever I put a tat is either shrinking or wrinkling.

Since we're sharing "funny" tattoo stories, here's mine, but it's more lore. I know there are a few software guys in here who might appreciate it. Charles Petzold is kindof a famous Windows programmer who really knows the ins and outs and writes books. He had the Windows logo tattooed on his arm, and when asked why once, his response was something similar to "It's to symbolize the pain that we all feel when trying to write Windows software."

dmp

I was curious – is there a fabric banner or flag with the Brethren Logo on it? I would fly one in our camp.

How about Brethren Ball Caps as Well?

dmp

Those are 2 absolutely outstanding ideas.

I for one would definitely order a pin and a badge.

I am sure that a few hundred members of this forum would also buy pins and badges.

Question: Does anyone have plans for commissioning some new BBQ Brethren ball caps? I would sure like to buy a couple of those, as well.

Back