American Royal Q&A

Someone mentioned to me this past weekend that it's possible to get a package delivered onsite? I'm considering shipping a few sauces, rubs and essentials since it would probably cost the same to check them on the plane with the new luggage fees.

Someone mentioned to me this past weekend that it's possible to get a package delivered onsite? I'm considering shipping a few sauces, rubs and essentials since it would probably cost the same to check them on the plane with the new luggage fees.

I don't know, but if not, I am sure there would be several Brethren, myself included, willing to have you ship it to them and haul it there.

Looks like I have one month to figure everything out. Figure I should fly in late Wednesday and spend early Thurs finding supplies? Off to find a hotel and flight.

How much alcohol should I bring?

I usually factor one beer per competing team so that's like 600 or something? Looking forward to hanging out, Chris! And the other Chris (iQue) and everyone else. Got flight booked, hotel booked and ready to roll!

BTW, any locals happen to have a sleeping bag I can borrow friday? I hate to carry one all the way down for 4 hours sleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will I get a conformation back from the AR? I sent in my paperwork the week before the deadline (8-28) and have not heard any word yet.

Thanks
-Mike

Is there water available so I can fill up the water tanks on the camper (without moving it of course)??

Unlike the GAB, I don't recall any trucks driving around with large water tanks to fill RV tanks. It's best to fill those tanks before you get there. They do have gators driving around with 50-65 gallon spray tanks to fill smaller water needs like the 6-7 gallon blue jugs.

Last edited:
Is there water available so I can fill up the water tanks on the camper (without moving it of course)??

Unlike the GAB, I don't recall any trucks driving around with large water tanks to fill RV tanks. It's best to fill those tanks before you get there. They do have gators driving around with 50-65 gallon spray tanks to fill smaller water needs like the 6-7 gallon blue jugs.

Unless you can get that Gator close enough to your RV.

I'd fill before you leave OR Cabela's has a place for fresh water filling as well as gray and black water dumping. Most Missouri rest areas have the same thing.

Unless you can get that Gator close enough to your RV.

I'd fill before you leave OR Cabela's has a place for fresh water filling as well as gray and black water dumping. Most Missouri rest areas have the same thing.

Thanks for the help guys! I ask because my fresh water tanks aren't very big and I will run out Saturday PM. I may be ok to be filled by the gator as my water tanks are right by the front door, I can move the smoker over and pull him right in.

My other question is around arrival...I have a 40 foot spot (with spots in front of and behind me) and a 37' rig so I want to get there early to get parked without too many issues. When do most teams arrive? When is the earliest I can arrive (when is someone around to direct teams, checkin, etc)?

Thanks for the help guys! I ask because my fresh water tanks aren't very big and I will run out Saturday PM. I may be ok to be filled by the gator as my water tanks are right by the front door, I can move the smoker over and pull him right in.

My other question is around arrival...I have a 40 foot spot (with spots in front of and behind me) and a 37' rig so I want to get there early to get parked without too many issues. When do most teams arrive? When is the earliest I can arrive (when is someone around to direct teams, checkin, etc)?

I'm dropping my camper off Wednesday.

Wow--some interesting discussion here. I'm glad I am learning a thing or to about the Royal.:shock:

If we get in early Thursday morning (before 9), do you think it will be difficult to get a camper in? If so, I will head down there Wednesday night.

Anyone know if there is a vendor selling wood onsite?

Should we be getting more info in the mail soon? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Anyone know if there is a vendor selling wood onsite?

Yes, Smoke Me Wood will be there.$15 if you pre-order $18 onsite for a 15 lb bag of chunks.BTW, check your FB inbox, please, and get back with me.

Back