• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

AR Roll Call

Solidkick

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OK, John, Darrell and I are planning to drive up on Friday to the AR. We can only stay the day of the Invitational event. John has plans for Sat. and I have to work. (ain't looking forward to opening on Sat. at 7 am)

We know JMinion is cooking with Dr. BBQ, and I see that Buzz (2Fat) is entered. Anyone else cooking that I missed? I want to make sure I get a chance to see everyone on Friday I can, even if it's while your are setting up for the open event, and you aren't cooking in the Invitational.

Anyone else visiting Friday?

Anyone going Sat.?

I'm planning on visiting both days. See everyone there!

1500 Cool! 8)

jminion said:
I will be in spc 164, Buzz is in 215.

I'm looking forward to meeting you, Ray, and Buzz. Hoping Big Bob's Gibson's isn't too far away and you get to introduce us to Chris.

KC, you're in charge of bringing the beer! ;) Just joking...........

BellyBrotherII said:
Bellybro said:
And I'll make some gatorade just for you!

Don't waste yout time! He will forget about it anyway!
No kidding, after I took the time to mix up 2 gallons of it. :wink:

Now be nice! You know it was a good thing to be prepared! Who knew the weather was going to change to 7 hours of rain and the temps drop into the 60's.......I guess I shoulda mixed it with my coffee.....BUT I couldn't get the damn thermos off the ground where I could pour some! :)

Solidkick, we won't have to worry about that the next time....We have a new Spicewine Smoker that likes that kind of weather. :lol:

I got a Dilema.

I go Thurs-Sunday to hang out at the Royal and bother Jim and Buzz.

or a fully paid for weeklong vacation from sunday thru Saturday at Universal Orlando for the whole family.

this one is ruff.... The brethren in me say AR, the Dad in me says Orlando....

help!!!!

Still can't decide.

BBQchef33 said:
I got a Dilema.

I go Thurs-Sunday to hang out at the Royal and bother Jim and Buzz.

or a fully paid for weeklong vacation from sunday thru Saturday at Universal Orlando for the whole family.

this one is ruff.... The brethren in me say AR, the Dad in me says Orlando....

help!!!!

Still can't decide.

I say go to to orlando - Keep the family happy. You're gonna need that good will next year when you're competing at the royal.

Phil, there will be other AR's to go to, but your kids will be their current age only once. Orlando is an awsome place to take the family. Your family has been very supportive of all your Q trips lately, so you owe them this. Your bros will understand. You'll have a great time too.

Phil-The Jack is the fourth weekend in Oct. Your family will love Orlando.

I think I understand your thinking here, we are your brothers, "brothers in smoke", and you want to be with your brothers, But, without the support of your family, there probably wouldn't be any "brothers in smoke" to begin with. They've shared you with us many a time via the internet or by phone, or by bash.

You take the family on vacation.....there's always next year for the AR.
Maybe 4 or 5 "brothers in smoke" banners will be flying next year at the AR, you just never know.......

Have a good time in Orlando! Take pictures, your laptop and your cell phone.

Gotta give the family that opportunity!

We'll all be cooking at the AR next year and that will be the one you don't want to miss!!!!

Bellybro said:
Gotta give the family that opportunity!

We'll all be cooking at the AR next year and that will be the one you don't want to miss!!!!
Go To Orlando, The Brothers will hold down the fort.

Um, has anyone taken the well being of the children into consideration?

At such fragile times in their educational development, do you really think staying out of school at a crucial time when the kids are prepping for state exams (re: school funding) is a good idea?

Phil, the President wants to leave no child behind, so why would you do that to your own children?

Orlando will always be there. Please, for the sake of your children, don't throw their future away because you want to go to Florida.

I think the choice is clear.

Keep the kids in school.

And since your not busy, go to the Royale.

Back