Pretty Good BBQ 2013 Dayton, Ohio

There will be a conference call this Thursday at 7:30 pm est for volunteers to help with ths year's PGBBQ. Please reply here if you want to call in so I can get you the call in number. If you're a cook and want to call in, let me know that, too. Letting the volunteers get a feel for your needs is a good thing.

Pm or reply for the call in info!

I'm free that weekend EXCEPT that it's my son's 11th birthday on the 5th.

I'm going to talk to him and see if he wants to come with Dad and help out if we can move his party to another weekend.

REGARDLESS....I'd like to tentatively plan to come and help out. I can bring a Jambo with and other stuff too so I'd like to get in on the call tomorrow night. Hook me up with info Curt!

just now seeing this. I couldnt come last year as I was layed up recovering from surgery. Hopefully I don't have that excuse this year!

Per the facebook site I know we will have 2 generators this year. The bandits and my new 6400 john deere. Also Curt is looking into Port-a-johns for nighttime use which will be nice no more watering the weeds by the fence line.
Hoping all that came last year to help come back this year.... had a great crew and all oldtimers ( Mich. ) crew and Clark can make it back this year.

Still hoping to make it this year Roger and have had some inquiries from other Great Lks BBQ Assn members interested too.
I cannot believe that weeds still grow along that fence!

We'll have a couple of calls in the upcoming weeks to talk about the event more. I hope more and more people make it this year!

Keep on them Scott we need to add some chapters to that book........

Still hoping to make it this year Roger and have had some inquiries from other Great Lks BBQ Assn members interested too.
I cannot believe that weeds still grow along that fence!

Could we all do a Tuesday evening call to discuss the PGBBQ weekend? I want totals about timing, extra activities, dinner, etc.

Hey all. I will be there again. Smoker will stay at the house. Will help anyone and be there for errands and such.
Wampus, my daughter is 10 and it will be her third year in attendance.

Is there an Arby's near by????

ugh... just getting done with work.

on 3/12, there will be a 7:30 pm conference call for any questions and for info on the PGBBQ weekend!

From the Facebook site and this one looks like a good turnout. Last year Curt had a real good showing from the church to help us out. Not saying every year he doesn't just that last year we had a good showing and all stayed and had a fun evening. Every year gets harder I know for me so it is nice to have all the help we can get.

This is going to be a good year for the PGBBQ. Everything is going to go up a notch... Service for you cooks, the number of men available to help out... and I'm already praying for great weather. We have more of the church that should be out to help us out.

I'll be doing prime rib again, along with tomato pie... and I hear there may be a bacon implosion and doughnuts for early Sunday.

MOINK ball, ABT and Fattie competition Saturday, too, with ribs cooked for police and visitors. Coffee run on Sunday morning, too. And a midnight moment for those of us staying.

I hope those of you that have helped before understand what the blessing you are to the neighborhood for this. And I hope those that are going to join us for the first time get a chance to feel the impact.

On Sunday some will need to pull out early, some won't...

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT start setting up without someone from the church helping. We have an arrangement we went to try that's not the same as last year's piling into the corner! :)

Curt I have a 40 cup coffee pot and plenty of coffee,creamer and sugar for sat and Sunday. For the cooks and help. If you could come up with a coffee cambro that would be all we need.

Back