Pig cooker

Mrdeville

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a direct cooker. What are you thoughts on this with turning grate , with both gas and charcoal option. [ame]http://youtu.be/WwCTDVEGYcs[/ame]

If I was looking for a pig cooker, Carolina Cookers and B Q Grills is where I would start looking.

These look like super high quality product for the $'s and from the videos & website great customer service. I have only heard good things about them. Given the long tradition of direct cookers in the carolinas I have no doubt that after a cook or two to get it dialed in it will make some great Q. I do think the charcoal option is a must. I'm just curious if you could use it as a quasi-indirect by offsetting the fire to one side; it has such a big cook surface I'm thinking you could probably use it as an indirect smoker too?

I like Bq grills because of the barn doors in the front and the location of coal trays are lower than the carolina cookers coal tray. I do like the build and versatility of the carolina cookers.
You have the option to get both gas and charcoal/wood. You can't beat that

Yeah I would like a direct cooker. I will be looking into one shortly.
What do color y'all like black or red?

I like Red myself? but i would have to think twice.. because of longevity.. Black may be your best bet..

Looking at the design, it does not look like any of the severe heat will be right up against the interior of the painted surfaces, looks to me like you have at least 6 inches or so from the coals/fire, not like my uninsulated firebox. Soooo, I think you can get away with any good industrial color. Rustoleum industrial for example handles my cook chamber (<500*) just fine. I would just ask them their experience. I was kind of partial to the John Deere green & yellow and some of the school color themes in thrir photo gallery. If its one of the two stock colors, I would go with black.
Yeah I would like a direct cooker. I will be looking into one shortly.
What do color y'all like black or red?

BBQwilly, I can fit at least 2 at a time if I had 2. If I went smaller possibly more. I just like toys. I want to get something a little smaller for quick stuff. Don't get me wrong, that Beast that he built me does the job and the warmer is great! TQ knows his stuff! I did 5 butts and 36 smoked sausages earlier this month for my community. I had a constant line of people for about 1 hr!they loved my Que and even started a tip jar for me! The next day I took trash to the dump, and a guy says... Hey that pulled pork was awesome. Next year, I'll have to do more because I ran out completely in a little over 1 hr.

@bbqwilly, this guy teased me cause I keep the Beast TQ built me in the garage and I park the Cadillac outside. I said well .. My smoker is more of a priority.

BQ Grills builds some of the best charcoal and gas pig cookers around.

Not%20Sure%20Who%201.jpg

Charcoal%20&%20Wood%20Pig%20Cooker%20002.JPG

Back