A Few Things From Bass Pro Shops

Garrett

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Seems almost like you can't read a post on here without someone talking about how good Plowboys rubs are. So while me and the family were out shopping tonight I picked up a bottle of each kind they had so I can see what the fuss is all about. Just tasted a little of each on my finger and man this stuff really is good. Never been one to buy commercial rubs but I'm thinking that might just change. Will have to wait till this weekend to find out. Picked upImageUploadedByTapatalk1355107544.137510.jpg a few other things while I was there too. Any recommendations on the pepperoni mix on how to cook or smoke it will be appreciated.

I hear a lot about commercial rubs/injects/brines & a) have my own herb&spices & a clue, and b) agree someone with success selling MAY have a clue or realized Barnum's dream. Looking forward to your report. Cabela's rubs are TRIX.

I've always made my own. But I picked up some Plowboy's Fin& feather @ Bass Pro & I am hooked!!

I've found Plowboys Yardbird on poultry is fantastic, but I've used it on ribs and a pork butt, and had great results, too. Good stuff! :thumb:

Next weekend me and my brother and few friends are going on our annual HEEMAN WOMEN HATERS CLUB camping trip. Got some pork belly curing now and plan on making the sausage and pepperoni later this week to take with us. Also will be trying out that Plowboys...... Man it's going to be a long week.

I hear a lot about commercial rubs/injects/brines & a) have my own herb&spices & a clue, and b) agree someone with success selling MAY have a clue or realized Barnum's dream. Looking forward to your report. Cabela's rubs are TRIX.

Nice :roll:

Yardbird is da bomb on ribs. Supplement with a little Smokin Guns Hot!

I'm trying yardbird and fin and feathers for the first time tonight. A package arrived and we totally changed our dinner plans just to try them :)

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nice haul. Plowboys Yardbird is easily one of my favorite rubs. It does especially well on pork...

Yardbird is a long time staple here. I have my own rubs I make, but I also keep certain GOOD commercial rubs and seasonings around, because I like to change things up now and then (without sacrificing quality). The Bovine Bold is really good too.

If you haven't done so yet, try Yardbird when you grill salmon - it is incredible!! Also available at Bass now is Malcolm Reed's "The BBQ Rub", which is absolutely fantastic on pork - ribs or butt/shoulder.

I tried the Yardbird on some grilled pork chops last night and was impressed with it. Can't wait until this weekend's camping trip. Gonna try all the rubs on some fried catfish, ribs, brisket and whatever else we come up with. Gonna be a lot of Pron coming.

Nice :roll:
Agreed :icon_blush: Sounded like the emphasis was on "I have a clue." Meant to be emphasis on understanding "commercial success." E.g, if you can sell something people buy, you must be good (better than me). The Cabela's comment meant that they can sell bloody anything, and my experience (limited) was that it was only selling because of the brand name, not the quality or anything other than the fact that they can sell anything, period. I just value self-reliance and creativity, and have failed enough to...oh, fark it. Play - enjoy. Thanks, Cricky - gotta pay more attention to how I sound!:pray:

Back