• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Creekstone Farms - Prime Brisket

The last two comps we cooked a creekstone prime along side a RD and turned the RD in both times. We did turn in the burnt ends off the creekstone but the flavor on the RD flat was better. Go figure. We didn't get a call in either comp but the scores weren't terrible so I think we are just going to save ourselves a $100 a comp and keep on keeping on. That being said our briskets we cooked a couple years ago were better IMO and judges agreed. We haven't changed a thing so brisket quality is the only thing I can mark it down to.

I would agree.. the creekstones of a couple of years ago were great when we got them from our source. Seems I couldn't get out of the top 10 if I tried with those things.

Curious as to why you would pick the largest. Wouldn't a larger packer mean an older cow, hence a tougher cow, and a smaller packer be from a smaller, younger, more tender cow?

I'm sure you've been told bigger is better many times.....

Here is a pic from our first creekstone case 2 years ago. This case accounted for 3 consecutive brisket wins. We had 4 overall that season in I think 9 contests. We haven't won brisket since. haha. These things were beautiful. I felt guilty taking the trophies.

I remember those days, they were great.

Back