• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket injection

Who likes a heavy pepper flavor in their brisket injection?

• Pepper injection

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • light pepper injection

Votes: 25 73.5%

• Total voters

Hogs Gone Wild BBQ

Reaction score
I have a competition coming up in a week, an my brisket guy will not be able to make it. I am cooking brisket for the first time in almost a year. I am trying out a new injection, but it seems to be a bit heavy handed on the pepper. Now, I like pepper on my brisket, so it is good to me, but what do most folks prefer? A peppery injection, or not? thanks.

2 tbs of black pepper, 1/2 cup of your favorite phosphate injection, 2.5 cups of scalding Hott water all mixed together, allowed to cool and strained. Great flavor.

i just used apple juice on my Super Bowl briskie. Kept everything moist and let me taste the meat.

Rereading his question is not what product is liked ,just do you like to add pepper. My answer is I do like a rub flavor on the outside not inside. Maybe not a pepper flavor but a rub flavor.

Is it still an injection if you don't use needles and it takes 8-10 hours to get the pepper flavor through the meat using salt, pepper, smoke and heat?

I like whatever Kosmo puts in his injections. Doesn't taste like pepper so I would say light or no pepper.

Back