• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What the FARK is this???

Garrett

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
After cleaning out my stumps clone today I find this laying on the grate in the fire box. I use RO Lump and sometimes will find small rocks left behind, but not really bothered by a rock every once in a while. This time I used Cowboy lump cause my lazy butt waited till the last minute to buy charcoal and couldn't find RO. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353787625.713618.jpg

I call that getting screwed like when the butcher puts his thumb on the scale:sad:

I typically get 1-3 rocks per bag regardless of brand of lump. You got quite a few in a single load!

Here's my WT Fark item (chunk of metal)from a bag of RO:
IMG_1320.jpg

and I pulled this brick out of a bag of Wicked Good at a Brethren Bash last weekend:
B1898467-DB18-4E92-8CC7-32A1B1417BBE-3279-000004D1B9E1F76A.jpg

Aside from the items above, both brands have been good for me for a log time.

I've used dozens of bags of Royal Oak and have not found a rock more than 1-2 times. I picked up 2 bags of lazzari lump and bam, 2 rocks right off the bat. Same color too, burnt orange.

I've heard and seen chunks of insulation from the vats they make lump in and have gotten very few small rocks from RO, but this stuff I got from the bag cowboy is real porous almost like chalk. Never seen anything like it.

All manner of stuff, from all bags of lump. RO does have what looks like lava rock or cooked chunks of brick in it. But, I have found wire, metal bar, metal chunks, rocks etc...

Yep, me too, using RO and a friend using cowboy, have found conglomerate cement chunks, rocks, steel etc.... Both brands. It happens, try to watch carefully when using is about all the advice I have.

Dang, I never find anything cool in my charcoal. I'll keep burning and waiting...

You can get any number of prizes in your lump. We've had snakes and mice. I found a live frog in a bag of RO a few months back -- a very black live frog. My record rock came in at over 5 pounds in a VERY heavy bag of Cowboy last year. :thumb: John's got some real doozies above! :clap2:

i'm lucky as i've found very little in my ro. if you think you are being jipped, then contact ro and see if they will give you a certificate for a free bag.

Back