"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Working backwards,
Sunday will be a pork butt and when it's done I bring the temp up to 350 and put on a pan of cornbread. Man smoked cornbread is good!
Saturday I will probably make a pot of smoky baked beans and a spineless (spatched) chicken.
Tonight it's ribeyes and root veggies wrapped in foil and cooked on the grill. My roots are turnips, Carrots, rutabaga and one beat. this comes out really colorful but watch out the juice will stain.

This weekend? The wife wants regular sized chicken thighs cooked APL wing style! I for one am looking forward to it. Delicious!

Salmon tonight (Wampus' recipe), probably some pulled pork for a Southern gal at work who just had her first baby, and a chicken or 2.

Good to see you again Brother!:thumb:

I'm still around for sure haven't gone anywhere. Just took a new job a year or so ago with alot of responsibility and just have a lot less time to post and take pron but I have not stopped cooking at all and I still check out every bad arse post on the site! Thanks for remembering me i pheel special :thumb:

Some pork steaks just hit the mini and maybe some loin backs Sunday.

Got my first annual midwinter BBQ going on tomorrow. Just picked up 6 racks of spares from RD, along with 5 lbs. of bacon. Doing spares, chicken, fatties, pork shots, and maybe some pig candy. I'm just glad we've warmed up; highs near 20 tomorrow! :thumb:

No farking idea. Got nothing but chicken parts in the freezer. Been farking cold lately....trip to the local small market tomorrow to see what's what. At least some sausage, smoked baked beans, maybe st loo ribs. Those blanketed pigs in another thread looked REAL good. I may try my first real stick cook on my stick burner.

Grilling a pork tenderloin tonight. Gonna throw some wood chips on the coals for a little kiss of smoke.

ge6aqege.jpg

This is Smoking right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know yet but it will involve the Mighty GA. I saw some of your pics on another site. All sorts of new ideas!

Phanks!

Got brisket trimmed up, injected, rubbed and resting in fridge till morning. Had to change up my injection recipe slightly, ran out of rosemary (can't believe that I let that happen) and added some cumin and chili powder. Not much of either, so see how it affects the flavor profile. Smoking with Oak and then gonna throw in some cherry. I won a bundle of cherry at the SCKBBQS meeting, so I figure it's cheap to experiment with. Will get some pics in the morning. I also added a shelf to my VUDS and will get some pics of it too.

Back