• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

ScottJess UDS build

scottjess

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Man this really is an ugly drum smoker.

I have not painted it yet; nor have I put on a temperature gauge but I have the hole drilled for that.

I have a few leaks around the lid BUT it is holding temps so far.

Qsi9B.jpg

I think it's Beautiful just as it is, screw a thermo into it and all it complete!

Man this really is an ugly drum smoker.

I have not painted it yet; nor have I put on a temperature gauge but I have the hole drilled for that.

I have a few leaks around the lid BUT it is holding temps so far.

Qsi9B.jpg

Looks like a beauty to me. I left mine el natural and it is one rusted heap.
:grin:

Im loving this build; snowing outside, cold as hell and yet the smoker has held its temps for over 2 hours now.

Put me on the list of sayin its a beaut.
A little grease running down the side and the paint job dont matter anyway.

The time you spend painting and waiting for paint to dry, you could be Que'n.
I like it just the way it is.

Most amazing 4-8 hours you will ever spend building on an efficient smoker.... and still spend less than $200

Most amazing 4-8 hours you will ever spend building on an efficient smoker.... and still spend less than $200

Im not 100% on how much it cost to build; I am thinking around $150-70 including hiring a guy to weld a flange around the top for the weber lid to slip into.

Im not 100% on how much it cost to build; I am thinking around $150-70 including hiring a guy to weld a flange around the top for the weber lid to slip into.

Wow I'm on # 16 and have yet to go over $40.00 $20.00 for wheels and another $20 for grates. Then again I'm a scrounger!
11uds002.jpg

Back