• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Labor Day blasphemy! (late I know)

qnbiker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Took a 9 lb butt out of the freezer the Thursday before so I could smoke it for Labor Day. Went to the fridge Sunday to rub it down and it wasn't there. I asked my wife if she had seen it, and she said, "yes, it's in the Crock Pot." My beautiful butt in the Crock Pot!

She recently bought a super-sized Crock Pot and has been trying new recipes. A friend had given her one for Crock Pot pork butt that uses root beer and Sweet Baby Ray's! What could be better?

I did pretty well not blowing my stack, and when she said, "isn't it great?", I smiled and said, "yes, dear, it's really good." I bit my tongue and we actually had a great Labor Day together. Just goes to show you don't need to cook or eat good food to enjoy Labor Day. Like the saying goes (sorta), when life gives you lemons, suck it up and enjoy Crock Pot pork.

Time to trade in the wife for one that knows the pulled pork is to be made in a smoker and not a crock pot

sorry for the loss of your bark. but, tbh, pulled pork is easily done in a crock pot. and imo, the bark is all you lose when done right.

I was rolling as I read that to my wife!!!!

I guess that is why I'm divorced quite happily I might add, I would have gave the Butt to my dogs and ran the cork pot over with My truck on the way to the store for another Butt and a Bottle. Man sometimes I miss those days, rarely but once in awhile.:cool:

I would've had an add up on CL with a "wife for sale" title going for it... :blah::blah:

crock pot

is GA. a comunity prop. state or equable dist. state who cares it dosen`t cost that much to start over she can halve the evil crock pot you keep the smoker or use crock pot for target an still keep smoker:evil:

i love when people rabbble rabble when food that is usually smoked, is cooked in some other fashion. i've had alot of crock pot dishes with pork butt, chuck roasts, hell even ribs that have been mighty tasty. if smoking your food is the only way you can get flavor into your meat, then i feel sorry for you.

Back