Backyard on the Lake 2011

BBQ PD

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
We hosted a backyard event this past weekend, which went off without a hitch. 19 teams started arriving Friday around noon, and the last team finally rolled in Saturday morning at 1:30, (I was really ready to get some shuteye by then.) It was a great time enjoyed by all. Got to meet a lot of new folks, and meet up with some old friends. And one of the best things, GC with a First Place in chicken and ribs :becky:. Here is just a few pics of the weekend.

Posed and ready for everyone to start showing up:

BackyardontheLake2011006.jpg

An early morning ski ride:

BackyardontheLake2011008.jpg

Some of the teams have arrived and getting set up:

BackyardontheLake2011027.jpg

Another shot from the boat:

BackyardontheLake2011024.jpg

Settling in for the night:

BackyardontheLake2011098.jpg

BackyardontheLake2011060.jpg

My chicken turn in:

BackyardontheLake2011103.jpg

And ribs:

BackyardontheLake2011104.jpg

And let's not forget the refreshments:

BackyardontheLake2011117.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Very nice, it sure looks like a comp. Nice chicken and ribs too. Very nice venue (can you tell I am sucking up?)

Where did you get the Red Branch Cider, that stuff is excellent.

Working got in the way again...Sorry I missed you guys. It looks beautiful out there. Congrats on the GC!

2008BODPhoto.jpg

Man, when I see that lake I yearn for that Tube! Sorry I missed it Buddy!

Your boxes are getting much better! Say high to Deny for me, tell I am ready for a ride! She still has yet to dump me!

Great venue and beautiful boxes! Sorry I missed it. I had a back issue that kept me from walking so it would have been difficult with a rolling bed!

Thanks again for a great weekend Dave!

We learned a lot!

I always figured "BBQ PD" referred to your occupation, but I learned this weekend that it stands for "BBQ Pyro Dave"! LOL

2008BODPhoto.jpg

Man, when I see that lake I yearn for that Tube! Sorry I missed it Buddy!

Your boxes are getting much better! Say high to Deny for me, tell I am ready for a ride! She still has yet to dump me!

Bent, that was the best weekend ever. I don't think I have ever laughed harder than watching Deny trying to dump you out of that tube. However, Deny did a great job dumping Brian, which I got to watch from the boat. Now that was something to see. We need to get together sooner than later, and Deny says she's up for the challenge. She say's "Anytime."

Great venue and beautiful boxes! Sorry I missed it. I had a back issue that kept me from walking so it would have been difficult with a rolling bed!
I feel for you Marty. I've been dealing with back issues for some time now, and it really is the chits! Maybe next time, or when we do a little Bay Area Bash. Get well.

Thanks again for a great weekend Dave!

We learned a lot!

I always figured "BBQ PD" referred to your occupation, but I learned this weekend that it stands for "BBQ Pyro Dave"! LOL

Remember that 80's song by the Ohio Players? I'm just reliving the 80's.

BackyardontheLake2011052.jpg

BackyardontheLake2011067.jpg

Back