• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

American Royal Q&A

Andy will be dropping it of on Wed. too. I'm sure you guys can figure it out so it all works well. We're not sure how we will be setting up our site yet. But I want to block the street with either our camper or Gator's.

Thanks, we'll be in touch - plenty of time to plan so it works for both of us. I'm thinking our trailer will go along the east side (what I'm calling the backside along Butchers spot) with the tongue to your side so our side door opens to our spot.

Great. I think they set us right on the tracks.

You are. But if I remember right, it's more of a morning thing and the trains are going by really slow, so instead of the loud clung clung sounds, it's just a piercing squeal of the brakes and/or whatever squeals on trains.

Honestly, the only time I remember them is in the morning right after dawn. Ask Woodfellas - they had a spot over there their first year.

Is it too late to sign up for open? If not, where can you sign up? Thanks!

I am going to the AR for the first time but will just be a spectator this year. Hell, I've never even been to KC. Can anyone suggest a good hotel for me to stay at?

Downtown Marriott is probably the closest on 12th Street.

ANYONE wanting to get a hotel in KC that weekend better get on it! Nascar, the Royal, Chiefs, college football game at Arrowhead.....rooms will be hard to come by....

comfort Inn on Admiral isn't 5 star, but the price and cleanliness is acceptable. Use that KCBS discount if you are a member. It does make a difference.

Shane, have you figured out your spot yet? I'd guess your somewhere in 414-422, all D's. 416 was our first spot
The list says we are in spot 415 and on the map it says it is a H and there is also a S in the spot. Do you think the s is for sewer or something else. I don't want to bring it to there attention and have them move me somewhere i don't want to be. What do you guys think?

The list says we are in spot 415 and on the map it says it is a H and there is also a S in the spot. Do you think the s is for sewer or something else. I don't want to bring it to there attention and have them move me somewhere i don't want to be. What do you guys think?

All the spots labeled Hs on the map are square while all the spots labeled H are rectangular. So maybe s=square?

How do you sign up for that?

Chris, go to the AR site and when you fill out the app for the open, you are asked if you want port-a-potty, bails of hay, kingsford charcoal, etc. If you order at least one bag and then win, Kingsford doubles the prize money.

Edit: All the info is on this page:

http://www.arbbq.com/

Chris, go to the AR site and when you fill out the app for the open, you are asked if you want port-a-potty, bails of hay, kingsford charcoal, etc. If you order at least one bag and then win, Kingsford doubles the prize money.

Edit: All the info is on this page:

http://www.arbbq.com/

This is the first statement regarding the kingsford competition promotion on the royal website:

"Sign-up after August 15th on the add-on form and pre-register to purchase Kingsford Competition Briquets from American Royal, to opt into the program.
"

For this reason I did not sign up on the form where is asked if you wanted to pre-purchase Kingsford Charcoal. This statement led me to believe that is was regular charcoal one was pre-ordering, rather than competition. I guess I am waiting until the add-on form is added on the website after 8/15. Is this wrong?

This is the first statement regarding the kingsford competition promotion on the royal website:

"Sign-up after August 15th on the add-on form and pre-register to purchase Kingsford Competition Briquets from American Royal, to opt into the program."

For this reason I did not sign up on the form where is asked if you wanted to pre-purchase Kingsford Charcoal. This statement led me to believe that is was regular charcoal one was pre-ordering, rather than competition. I guess I am waiting until the add-on form is added on the website after 8/15. Is this wrong?

Sounds like the way to go to me. When we signed up for the Open we ordered a few bags(we only need it to start chimney's and start the grill for din-din) figuring it was one less thing to lug down. So I guess were good to go for the Kingsford entry qualifications.

"Sign-up after August 15th on the add-on form and pre-register to purchase Kingsford Competition Briquets from American Royal, to opt into the program."

Thats the way it sounded to me. I'm waiting to add it on.

Back