• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Opinions wanted on team name

MilitantSquatter

Reaction score
We'll in our pre-planning for 2006 contests(first year), we ended with trying to agree on a team name.

These are our top choices so far but we have not made a final decision. Understanding the whole deal about team name ownership from the other thread etc.... For whatever it's worth, I did check the bbqteamname.com website and these are not listed.

Two questions :

1) Which do you like best ? (and "None of them" is OK by me too !!!)
2) For the guys competing a while, have you seen these before ? ( I know there may be variations of sorts).

In no particular order :

Sweet Heat (BBQ Crew)
Bad Bones (BBQ Crew)
This Little Piggy
Smokey Snouts (BBQ Crew)
Slow-Cooked Heaven (as taken from a Chapter in John Willinghams BBQ book)

I like "Smokey Snouts" best, with "Sweet Heat" a close second. However "Millitant Que'ers" would be better, especially if you swing that way. (And there is nothing wrong with that!)

Vinnie,

Without looking them all up for duplicates and similars and all of that:
How about----
Militant Squatter BBQ
Or
Smokin Squatter BBQ
Or
something building on your on-line persona?

The ones you suggested are fine also.

Team naming is a personal thing--if it feels good for you, does not duplicate known names, and projects the image you want--go for it!!!

TIM

I like "Squat-N-Que"! I like what Tim says, as the personal aspect makes it more fun.

If I were the only team member, I'd definitely go with some form of the Militant Squatter theme (comes from my strength training hobby and the group I train with. I love heavy squatting and I take it too seriously) .

However, I have one other "co-captain" team member (brother in law) and our two secondary members (our fathers). I need them to all buy into it.

May be able to get the rest to buy into Militant Que'ers though !! I like that a lot !!

Slow Cooked Heaven was the one that leaped out from the list, But Militant Quer seems to be the best of the rest.

icemn62 said:
Slow Cooked Heaven was the one that leaped out from the list, But Militant Quer seems to be the best of the rest.

Except for the missing "E"

icemn62 said:
But Militant Quer seems to be the best of the rest.

Not sure I like that one... IF someone did a typo like they did on mine on the KCBS Web site for 10th in chicken at DeSoto and add one more letter... adding one extra "E" could be disastrous! :shock:

What about "Who Knew Q?"

Everytime I here about all of the BBQ folx in L.I. I think Who Knew?

Thanks for your feedback guys....

I was really going to make a push for the Militant Que'ers , but the potential for the missing apostrophe is starting to scare me a bit !!.

I'll keep you posted on what we decide to go with or will just add it to my signature.

MilitantSquatter said:
Thanks for your feedback guys....

I was really going to make a push for the Militant Que'ers , but the potential for the missing apostrophe is starting to scare me a bit !!.

I'll keep you posted on what we decide to go with or will just add it to my signature.

Now I'd LOVE to be at some competitions next year to hear all the contestants asking who let the Militant Queers in. I'll be honest with you... I don't think the apostrophe will help you one way or the other. Go with a different name.

Bigmista,

BBQ is hot in the North East. Lots of hot teams like Dirty Dick and the Legless Wonders, Big Island BBQ, IQue, Daisy Mays BBQ etc.

Bigmista said:
What about "Who Knew Q?"

Everytime I here about all of the BBQ folx in L.I. I think Who Knew?

Just make sure you say that with Streisand's Brooklyn Jew/Long Island 5 towns Jewish gril's accent! Oy Vey!

BrooklynQ said:
Just make sure you say that with Streisand's Brooklyn Jew/Long Island 5 towns Jewish gril's accent! Oy Vey!

Couldn't sleep last night so I watched "Meet the Fockers" at 3:00 AM.
I can relate.

Back