Head Count for 2014 SoCal Bash Starts Here: Saturday May 17: North Hills/Van Nuys Airport Adjacent

We will bring some carne asada,tortillas and salsa. Adult beverages.
Looks like it it's only my brother inlaw ,maribel and me.

Looks good for me. You guys want me to bring some napkins and chips?

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

We're doing the graduation tour this year (3 graduations in 2 states) but 2015 is graduation-free. Any chance some Texans could crash y'all's party next year?

Come on out anytime - we'll take care of ya! :thumb:

Ah good! I was hoping you'd use that for your avatar Moose. :thumb:

I hope to make it back to California one of these years. If so, it will be a LA and Bay Area combined trip.

So I think that in 2015, we make the SoCal and NoCal bashes on back to back weekends. That way all the California Brethren can be blessed by your presence.

Looks good for me. You guys want me to bring some napkins and chips?

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Ummm....NO! :mmph:

Brisket, please. :thumb:

Also, bring some spicy if you would. You know how much I like that stuff. :mrgreen:

At this point, folks, I'm going to start putting together a list of who is bringing what so far. We will definitely be needing ice for coolers, beers, possibly some cookers, and some Cabo.

Done! I might still have the can from the last one. :shocked:

BTW I can bring any of these: BW Chubby, WSM, WGA, Mini WSM, Jumbo Joe - but as I'm typing this I'm thinking any grilling would most likely happen over the fire pit, right?

I'm thinking about bringing a country ham & some sausages from TX. Also - I have a fair amount of beer I'm not going to drink (lest I go into a downward spiral and end up on skid row), it's mainly Coronas - should I bring those? It's about a case.

If you still have the can from last time, yes, bring it. Since it's going to wind up as a fiery projectile as it leaves the red hot can, it won't matter how old it is. :heh:

Yes on the coronas.

Thanks for the heads up on the cookers. We still have that old beat up 22 Weber OTS over there as well. I'm also going to bring the Blackstone Pizza oven.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
OK, here's who and what we have so far:

gtr/Greg: smoked country ham/texas sausage
smokinjohn+ 1: mac n cheese
Vwiz/Vahe: ?
tonybel +2: salsa, tortillas, carne asada + beer and other beverages
Moose & The Missus: Open pit chicken and pizza, bringing pizza oven and possibly a PBC.
Neil/Bigmista: some kind of meat, spicy sauce, napkins and chips
campdude/Marty: wings/hot sauce
SoCalWJS +1: Santa Maria pit and Tri tip & Garlic Bread + ice & beer

We have LOTS of coolers. Good to go there.

We need:

Charcoal, Cabo...and more Brethren! Come on, guys!

Last edited:
I'm bring adult refreshments also.

Tony, I'm going make a trip to the westside on Friday to pick up some of that salsa roja I mentioned. Really good stuff, and look forward to hearing yours and Maribel's opinion. I'll bring some chips, or maybe even The Missus will make some from scratch. :thumb:

Got the final approval from the missus, so we'll be there. I can bring beer and ice (not as much as last time!).

Thinking of bringing the tiny Santa Maria pit again and doing Tri tip & Garlic Bread.

Got the final approval from the missus, so we'll be there. I can bring beer and ice (not as much as last time!).

Thinking of bringing the tiny Santa Maria pit again and doing Tri tip & Garlic Bread.

Excellent!

And some closed toe shoes? Jk. You knows I loves you.

Along with the wings, I'm going to bring some of my jalapeno popper dip. I'll bring some chips with it also. I may make a dessert too, if I have time.

I'll need a cooker to heat the dip and smoke the wings. Is there something available Moose? Otherwise, I'll see if gtr can bring one of his portable cookers for me. I'll bring charcoal.

I'll bring charcoal.

Should I bring a lemon icebox pie?

Back