NE Ohio Fall BBQ Bash - 10.17.20

John, I've never even seen a tri-tip in person, let alone, know how to cook one.

I believe I said I'd cook Walleye. PLUS, we've got two more coming with us. So we have 6 in our group. The more the merrier, right?

It's good you made a list.

I’ll fix that. And yes the more the merrier

Revised list

Sir Porkalot: 2++. Brisket, ribs (maybe, I just got cleaned out), wings and who knows what else
AussieMatt: 1 sausage/snags
GaryClaw: 6 Walleye
SmokeNinja: 2.5 Brisket, potato salad
TimmyMac: 1
LYU370: 1 Malort
Jakel: 1? 2?
Txschutte: 2. Tacos
Jeffjenkins1: 2.
Evil-G: 1? Ribs, Tri-tip
Beer/Meat/Victory: 1?
Creekbottom: 2
Stingerhook??

God I hope to make it emphysema, copd etc or not....prayers brethren prayers.......if I don’t ........ do something with the Fosters :thumb:

You brethren are good folks....mostly. And I’m thankful to be able to mingle with ya lll.even just online

Hoping your health is holding out we will see you on the 17th!

If Andy is bringing Malort, I’ll bring this to even things out

c71161636e13760acfbc29aaf8cab9d7.jpg

Just tried the link, This content isn't available right now. Is it set to Public?

No, it’s private event, but that link was supposed be to used to invite people, so I’m not sure.

Latest roster..

Sir Porkalot: 2++. Brisket, Mississippi Prime Rib (smoked bologna), wings and who knows what else
AussieMatt: 1 sausage/snags
GaryClaw: 6 Walleye
SmokeNinja: 2.5 Brisket, potato salad
TimmyMac: 1 Waygu Hanger steaks
LYU370: 1 Malort, Chicago Char Dogs, Tri tip
Jakel: 1? 2?
Txschutte: 2. Tacos
Jeffjenkins1: 2 ?
Evil-G: 1? Ribs, Tri-tip
Beer/Meat/Victory: 1?
Creekbottom: 2
*Wampus - 2 Wampus Famous Beans?? *this may not be a viscous rumor

Who did I miss?
Any other updates?

Last edited:
I'm making some Chicago Char Dogs and maybe a tri tip. Gonna run out to RD to see if they have any. That's the only place I can find them around here.

As a side note, any beer drinkers coming out? Thinking of making a trip north of the Cheddar Curtain, so there may be some Spotted Cow and maybe a few other brews from New Glarus making an appearance that are only available in Wisconsin.

Any requests? https://newglarusbrewing.com/beers/ourbeers And of course Malort will make an appearance. :shock:

I'm making some Chicago Char Dogs and maybe a tri tip. Gonna run out to RD to see if they have any. That's the only place I can find them around here.

As a side note, any beer drinkers coming out? Thinking of making a trip north of the Cheddar Curtain, so there may be some Spotted Cow and maybe a few other brews from New Glarus making an appearance that are only available in Wisconsin.

Any requests? https://newglarusbrewing.com/beers/ourbeers And of course Malort will make an appearance. :shock:

I do enjoy a nice craft beer..

I updated the list above too!

Andy, Woodman's sometimes has New Glarus. Not sure how that WI food co-op gets around the distribution rules.

And check your Meijer for tri-tip. Couldn't believe it a few weeks ago when they had a whole section at mine in Plainfield on 59, but thats no where near you still off 59

Good luck on your hunt!

I'm staying at the Hampton in Alliance, too.

That place will never be the same after this bash.

BTW-For easy recog, I'll be the guy in Husker gear, or wearing a FOGO charcoal hat.

I just booked there too, I’m to lazy to drive home though it’s only a 1.5 hr drive.

John, got a deep fryer/air fryer? I can probably grab some cheese curds and we can make some poutine! Canadia's favorite drunk food. Fries, cheese curds & gravy.

Back