• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Comp Class

Dustaway

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Looking forward to the Gray & Trigg cooking class this February This will be my first class to attend I have heard some very good thing about this class.

For those of you that have taken this one or others similar if you could go again what would you do different if anything or what would you ask??

Keep your mouth shut, listen, and take notes. Nothing worse than the guy who wants talk BBQ all day... and he's not the instructor.

Great thread!!

I'm taking the same class in April and have the same questions.
A good question for you would be "why do it that way? I do it this way and wouldn't it be better my way?" :icon_devil

Seriously, go into it knowing that you can ask any question and get their best answer. Don't be afraid to ask because you think it might be a dumb question. Take lots of notes. Have 2 sections in your book so you can put all Rod's stuff in one and Johnny's in another. I had a heck of a time after class getting my notes split out.

And a tip for Wolf it Down - try Johnny's rubs and Rod's technique for the first time at the contest. It will really help you. :icon_devil:icon_devil

I wanted to take this class but with everything going on i won't be able to =/

A good question for you would be "why do it that way? I do it this way and wouldn't it be better my way?" :icon_devil

Seriously, go into it knowing that you can ask any question and get their best answer. Don't be afraid to ask because you think it might be a dumb question. Take lots of notes. Have 2 sections in your book so you can put all Rod's stuff in one and Johnny's in another. I had a heck of a time after class getting my notes split out.

And a tip for Wolf it Down - try Johnny's rubs and Rod's technique for the first time at the contest. It will really help you. :icon_devil:icon_devil

Good thoughts - pay attention - they cover a bunch of great material - keep 2 sets of notes, because it really is 2 different approaches - we found we used stuff from both guys and it was helpful having the notes separate. Be prepared to get a ton of info.

Back