• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cancer Event

WineMaster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
We did a little event for our Eagles club last month. We earned $ 3460.00 for Cancer Research. The club would like to hold a BBQ event next year to raise money for Cancer Research. They would have it be a santioned event. Are there any teams that would be into an event like that in Rochester MN?
Here are some pics of the Team at the Classic Car Show.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/...XqA&emid=sharview&linkid=link5&cid=EMsharview

Last edited:
Sounds like a great event! It would definitely be on the radar.

I am always interested in doing these kind of events. It's what I stand for as a team...

Cancer Sucks!!!

Thats one other thing I wanted to bring up. The Date. Lets make it happen whenit works best for all. What are some dates we should be looking at.

As someone with a vested interest in cancer research, we would like to cook in this. If you are looking to draw Iowa teams, one open date that comes to mind is June 4th and 5th.

Hey Don,

June 4 & 5 is already in the books for Smoking in Steele in a town 20 Minutes away from us so pulling teams from that venue wouldnt be good.
We would love to see you guys at the event though.

Since it sounds as if the Qlossal won't be happening this year, :-(, perhaps that would be a good replacement for the date? If Owatonna is June 4-5 this year, the Qlossal probably would have fallen the weekend after.

Check out the www.Iabbq.org to get the 2010 schedule of KCBS sanctioned events (may not be posted yet). If you go with a weekend that does not have a comp in Iowa, I think you will draw at least double digit number teams from IA.

I think I heard that 4 Mile Fred's event (Pleasant Hill, IA right?) was going to replace Qlossal on the schedule

Avoid the Marshalltown-Iowa State Championship, W'Loo/LaPorte weekend (double-header) and Mason City - those three weekends would be hard to draw any Iowa teams.

Mtown - last weekend of June
W'Loo/LPC - 3rd weekend of July
Mason City - 4th weekend of July

I think Pleasant Hill and Ottumwa will also be big draws in IA this year - I think these are both in early June.

If Plesant Hill is replacing the Qlossal, then that should leave an open weekend that was Waucoma(I think they are done)

And I forgot about Ottumwa as well. What would I do without you Bob?

2nd weekend of July? Last weekend of May? And by Waucoma weekend Don, you are talking about the last weekend of July (30-31)?

Waucoma was historically the first weekend of August. This past year was screwy because Aug 1 fell on a Sat. That weekend is open in IA.

And I forgot about Ottumwa as well. What would I do without you Bob?

2nd weekend of July? Last weekend of May? And by Waucoma weekend Don, you are talking about the last weekend of July (30-31)?

2nd week of July is Shannon.... Last weekend of May is Westmont...

Back