• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sam's Club - Westworth Village, TX

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Who is competing/attending? My buddy and I are going to check it out and see how this competition BBQ rolls. Really excited. We've been dying to step up and get into the BBQ competition. Pit should be VERY SOON. But we need to learn more about process and all that.

March 08-09 Sam's Club National BBQ Tour
Westworth Village, TX

If you are going please let me know - I'd love to meet some fellow brethren and learn.

Gerry

Justy FYI...you may get more responses if you post in other TX bbq related forums..

I will be there, my team name is An Aggie and His BBQ.

I believe in a previous post you asked questions about competing in Texas?

I will be there, my team name is An Aggie and His BBQ.

I believe in a previous post you asked questions about competing in Texas?

That is correct my good sir :) Mind if I look ya up over there?

Gerry

Justy FYI...you may get more responses if you post in other TX bbq related forums..

I've not found many other forums as robust and well educational as the BBQ Brethren. If there are others out there for TX I am not sure which ones would be good to follow.

I am open to suggestions.

Thanks
Gerry

Not at all, we will probably be there Friday morning for setup, Friday afternoon will be prep, Saturday morning will be really busy starting around 8:30. Turn-ins are from 11:00 to 12:30.

Just give me a heads up on when you might be stopping by.

I'm registered and will be there early Friday. Also look uo IBCA and LSBS comps. They are the main comps in North Texas. We only have 2-3 KCBS comps this year. IBCA & LSBS are more laid back (60-90 minutes between turn ins instead of 30). They are also considerably cheaper to cook $75-100 entry and nearly 1 every weekend.

I'm requesting Friday off so I'll be the be there Friday morn trying to learn and stay out of the way. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Back