• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

We're in the paper !!!

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
New York Newsday is one of NY's main newspapers. Circulation is about 700,000(i think). As a lead in to theGrill Kings NY state championship, I was recently interviewed by newsday feature writer Erica Marcus. Her article is in todays newspapers food section. We got the entire front page and 2 full pages in the center section!!!

Heres a link to the article.

http://www.newsday.com/features/food/ny-fdcov4349356jul20,0,7130749.story?coll=ny-homepage-mezz

Lets keep the King of the "Grill" comments to ourselves huh?? :) Interview was alot of fun and Erica did a great job!! She will be with us this weekend in the pit at the competition and I'd like nominate her to be an honorary Brethren. :)

Attachments

• Article.jpg
    Article.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Article pt2.jpg
    Article pt2.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 39
Sweet article oh Brethren King! Be sure the Yahoo group sees this. :D

ohhhhhh we do need to share this with them dont we? Any volunteers? 8)

She forgot the part about "Mr. Kick taught Phil eveything he knows about cooking" What's her number? I'm calling her!!

Excellent article! It makes me proud to be "one of the Brethren."

Very cool. Good luck this weekend. But I have to say, when she mentioned "In a different time and place, Phil Rizzardi might have commanded a charge on horseback, captained a ship to naval victory, led a peasant uprising." I was picturing something more like one of Mussolini's henchmen?

Great article.

Good luck this weekend. You packed yet? :twisted:

Talk amongst yourselves, I'm feeling a little feklempt....I was 'til that part at the end, ouch, those were my toes :wink: :lol:
Nice article, Erica can certainly be an Honorary Brethren!!

BTW Phil, did ya tell her off the record that we're just a bunch of farkers!!

kcquer said:
Talk amongst yourselves, I'm feeling a little feklempt....I was 'til that part at the end, ouch, those were my toes :wink: :lol:
Nice article, Erica can certainly be an Honorary Brethren!!

BTW Phil, did ya tell her off the record that we're just a bunch of farkers!!

Yeah, I thought the mention of the pellet poopers was a nice touch! :D

With the article's timing ya think there will be many visitors at the event?? Sharon is going to have to do crowd control. :D

Awesome article, Phil.

Kick some butt this weekend!

kcquer said:
ohhhhhh we do need to share this with them dont we? Any volunteers?

Done :twisted: :mrgreen:

Nicely done Oh Pooper of Pellets! No elaboration, just statement of fact!! It should now be in the inbox of many email list whiney butts!! :D

Ya think that'll chap some posteriors?

Nicely done Oh Pooper of Pellets! No elaboration, just statement of fact!! It should now be in the inbox of many email list whiney butts!!
Just thought they should know what's going on with the "BS Crowd" :wink:

Ya think that'll chap some posteriors?
<Best Olliver Hardy voice>"I certainly hope so" :D

Great article Phil. Keep up the great work.

Great article Phil.

Lady took thorough notes--except where she mis-quoted you on pellet poopers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Done!

TIM

Great article Phil. I liked the way she kept me anonymous. Have you seen a jump in web activity yet?

Just to Clarify. The Pellet Pooper statement was in response to the question:

"If you were able to change anything in KCBS rules what would it be. "
My response was 1) "dump the lettuce"... and elabotrated on the lettuce debate.

and 2) to have contests where thermostatically controlled pits were not allowed. I elaborated on the different pits and she took the quote from the pellet pooper description.

No that thats a bad thing. :)

Back