• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

120 Gallon Reverse flow smoker build LOTS OF ?s &photos

davefan360

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Troy MI (dreaming of sitting in a treestand)
My buddy and I have been working on this trailer for about a month or so you know on weekends and such. Here are some photos. We still have alot to do and alot of parts to gather. End goal is mid Feb. We have our fire box, the tank, and the trailer. Hope you like it. We our building it all with mostly home owner tools, a small welder, a 35$ grinder, a torch, and a big hammer.

a few questions? We plan on putting a drain in the bottom pan, Do we put it in the back of the tank by the fire box, or in the front? Also how high from the bottom of the tank does the plate need to be? on how high from the plate can does the rack need to be?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.264204970366235.65729.247286642058068&type=3

Could not add photos so here is a link to my facebook page.

Last edited:
The food will taste so much better coming off of a pit that you built yourself. It's looking good. Looks like you will have it knocked out in no time. Nice job!

if the person doing the welding a plumber? The way of wearing pants would say so... :wink:

Go to the smoke ring forums and look under the stickies in the cooker section. They have excel sheets that show calculations for that kinda stuff. Also if you have any questions ask a guy named k.a.m. He is a genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He thinks he is a plumber, and I try not to get shots of his back side. I have seen to much full moon durning this build then I care to see. I will also try to post some photos here.
PyroBbq

That's impressive. I bet it's tough to cut a straight line with a grinder. On my smokers the drain is on the opposite end from the firebox, or you could say it's located closer to the trailer tongue. Like MAP said.

Great build, but next time, please wear a face sheild and hearing protection when you are using a grinder......

yes it is hard cutting a straight line with the grinder. but that is all we have so we make due.

If you don't cut all the way through, make several slow passes when cutting, you can get a pretty good straight cut.

How wide does the strip around the door edge need to be?

We used 1 1/4" flat bar. 5/8" overlap each way.

FYI
The headphone type ear protection sells for about $4.00 and they work great.

Back