Help venturing out of gas

Thanks guys. Lots of great ideas. Not giving up on all in one yet but if I have to continue with two items the Egg sounds good but can you get real smoke flavor. Green mt grill would work but I an on Texas Gulf Coast and Hurricains do happen, kind of useless in week long power outages. Please keep suggestions coming.

I think klose makes an offset that can also grill, but i read that these aren't as good at grilling as a kettle and would recommend just getting a regular smoker and one that does not double as a grill. Kamados and kettles are both good, and kettles can be got on CL for cheap.

http://www.meadowcreekbbq.com/PR/index.php

So, I don't own one of these .. but I like their product in general. I will say compared to my egg and drum.. they use a lot of charcoal. If you look down the page at the PR60G - you'll notice it is gas - and i believe they make it so you can use either gas or charcoal.

In general, i'm with most of these guys .. I'd buy two units.. I have a Weber Summit 470 as well, and between that and the Egg I have two high end products I'm happy to own.

For starters, I would purchase a ceramic grill / smoker / oven (Primo or Big Joe)
If you still want to rotisserie, I would suggest a Weber Performer with a rotisserie
attachment. I would also purchase a Guru controller for the extra long cooks.
Good luck,

I think step one is going to get kamato style either Kamato Joe Big Joe or Primo XL oval. Any suggestions? Guess I'll give up the rotisserie for now, maybe get a small gasser for quickies and rotisserie.

That is going to be a tough one for you to decide. They are both great. It is probably going to come down to customer support and features.

Back