Seasoning Wood Inside

Drake

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Im considering storing my green wood inside my warehouse to season. I don't have a good place to keep wood outside to let it dry out. Is these feasible? Should I put a fan on it to circulate air? It's in south florida so it stays pretty warm in the back of the warehouse. Will it take longer to dry out this way? I don't have any wood in the back of the warehouse for termites. Thoughts, suggestions?

If you stack it loosely it should be fine.It just wont happen as quickly as if the sun was beating down on it.

dude, you are fine. You will find it takes a little longer to season and longer before it is useless as smoking wood.

MAKE SURE IT IS WELL VENTED. The wood will off-gas and that needs to escape your building.

Thank you.

I did not know the wood gives off gas as it drys out.

Split it & stack it in square stacks log cabin style to get the max air flow on it and a Fan would help the more air you move the quicker it will dry out

Yea, I forgot about termites (and other critters) down there. The log cabin style mentioned above sounds good. Do you have that buildings doors open for any period of time during the day? That might help too.

Manana, Brother.

I usually have the overhead door open once a week. So far it's only been fire ants.

Should be fine in South Florida as long as you get some air around it. Make sure there is no fire hazard involved for safety's sake. Unless the building is air tight, there should not be any concerns about any gas output. Air flow is your friend!

Blessings, :pray:
Omar

Back