First "Flat Iron Steak"...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Went to my neighbor's house for dinner tonight and we fired up his Weber Performer with a few mesquite chips. Threw on the "Flat Iron" for about 3-4 minutes per side...it was major league awesome.:mrgreen: Kinda like a thick flank steak only very tender and juicy. I'm hooked! No pics...the camera went south to So-Cal with my wife.:sad:

JD

Went to my neighbor's house for dinner tonight and we fired up his Weber Performer with a few mesquite chips. Threw on the "Flat Iron" for about 3-4 minutes per side...it was major league awesome.:mrgreen: Kinda like a thick flank steak only very tender and juicy. I'm hooked! No pics...the camera went south to So-Cal with my wife.:sad:

JD

if i may, sir...
flatironsteak-029-1.jpg

flatironsteak-019-1.jpg

052_1.jpg

flat irons are one of my favs :biggrin:

I saw the "Flat Iron Steaks" piled up at my local grocers - right next to the Excel full untrimmed brisket that I bought.

What are they? They kind of looked like they were cut from the brisket tip . . .

Flat Iron steak is a single muscle cut from the chuck [beef shoulder]; it is the same muscle that is cut crosswise and sold as "top blade Steaks".
It is the most tender of all the meat cut from the fore-quarter of a steer, and one of the most tender of all beef cuts. More flavorful than most too.

One of my favs too. I use it [in addition to serving simple as steak] in fajitas instead of skirt sometimes.

I saw the "Flat Iron Steaks" piled up at my local grocers - right next to the Excel full untrimmed brisket that I bought.

What are they? They kind of looked like they were cut from the brisket tip . . .

The meat cutters call them top blade chuck steaks, I call them wonderful.

6a692530.jpg

Back