• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

team name?

dano

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My buddies and I are thinking about getting a new team together and everyone can't agree on a name. The most popular (but not everyone is in agreement) is Hooves and Horns BBQ. Figured I would ask the brethren what they thought. Thanks for the help/

I like it. Seems different. We couldn't decide on a team name in the beginning and actually our first competition had a different name just because we had to choose something. Then we changed when we finally decided on something we really liked.

Same situation we are in. Tenacious Q is a hell of a name IMO.

Thanks. Yeah we must have bounced a hundred names around in the beginning for our first competition and didn't love anything, but we had to pick something. Then before our 2nd competition one of us just randomly shouted out our current name and it stuck. I'd try some other variations of what you have and the other people on the forum are great for ideas and will help too I'm sure.

Maybe adding in a chicken variation to the name could be cool too since it another big bbq meat. Like "Hooves Hornes & Chicks" or "Hooves Horns & Feathers" or "Hooves Horns & Wings".

We just got hammered while listning to Jimmy Buffet throwing around nautical names, and then things got pretty dirty... Then it just came to us! However, I am thankful to this day that my wife wrote the name down...

Hooves, horns and combs?
Since you are from Philly, how about South Street Smokers?

Anyway, don't sweat it, as it'll come to you in time.

We thought of Philly-ish names...best one was Broad Street Bully BBQ.

you guys are quick....

philly cheez-e-que competition team

the whiz bbq team

hall and oates soul sound of philly bbq team

The Salivation Army is one I haven't seen yet that my friend Andy thought up...but remember, this is coming from a guy whose other bbq team is "Spanish Fly"....

We thought of Philly-ish names...best one was Broad Street Bully BBQ.

My former partner and I considered that. We're Philly fans living in Buffalo.

Attachments

• 100_4352.jpg
    100_4352.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 41
This thread seems a good place to ask.
When you pick a Name and Logo, how do you check if it's not being used.?
is there somewhere you actually register all this ?
I did search the site but found nothing.
Cheers.
Titch

Back