• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket request please

Wahoo ,won the lotto.
Had an expert show me the Brisket and point out the pieces.
You guys rock sometimes.
Now tonight I picked up 27 kilo of Brisket.

Cape Grimm is the good stuff. Grass fed, hormone free and from the place with the purest air on earth. 27Kg is a few briskets, how many you cooking for and how much did they charge you per kg?

My local supplier in Sydney closed down a while back and I've not found a replacement to get Cape Grimm from yet.

Cape Grimm is the good stuff. Grass fed, hormone free and from the place with the purest air on earth. 27Kg is a few briskets, how many you cooking for and how much did they charge you per kg?

My local supplier in Sydney closed down a while back and I've not found a replacement to get Cape Grimm from yet.

About $11/$12 a kilo,
Best I can do for Sydney is link this.
http://www.capegrimbeef.com.au/wholesale.html
or get in touch with the Urban Griller
http://www.urbangriller.com/

Evidently they are getting more mainland suppliers.

JohnHB
I am not fortunate enough to live close to an area where you can get gourmet cuts to order.
I am lucky if One in Ten even speak English.
Hence I come on here asking for help and pictures.
Thanks for your thoughts anyhow.

What do they speak if they don't speak English?

Righto, photo's coming up now.

Titch, those Cape Grim ones are the real deal. How many have you got and how many can I get, OR just gimme the address and I'll tell them you sent me to raid the coolers.

John HB, I'm thinking we get something different down here in Melbourne. I'm glad to hear that you've had no problems, but when pressed, butchers are very cagy about providing us this cut. I've spoken to many butchers who simply don't want to cut a full packer brisket.

What you see here is like the picture below:
96c980b4.jpg

This cut of meat comes from further down the animal. It's more like the belly plate and this is specifically used in chinese style soups and stews with Chu Hou sauce.

This is why myself and Titch are looking around for the full packer.

Cheers!

Bill

Wow that is a lot of brisket. Enjoy those. My wife and kids are always bugging for brisket and my son loves burnt ends.

Glad to see that you finally get a whole brisket even though it appears to be cut in half. If that is grass fed you will have to be really careful with it (as I am sure you know). Very lean and easy to dry out.
Have fun!

My tummy is grumbling just looking at that beef (and I just finished eating). Enjoy and let us know how it turned out!

Glad to see that you finally get a whole brisket even though it appears to be cut in half. If that is grass fed you will have to be really careful with it (as I am sure you know). Very lean and easy to dry out.
Have fun!

Thanks Marty, the lean pieces are about to be corned ,thanks to the Guerr.
The Cry vac stuff is well marbled

Be careful. You have to ruin about 10 briskets...either by cutting them incorrectly, drying them out, undercooking, or any combination thereof to be considered a real brisket cook. :p

Back