• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Korean BBQ lunch: sliced ribeye, scallop, and shrimp

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Family is on a diet but we decided to have a cheat day and enjoy some Korean BBQ for lunch. Got out my butane stove and BBQ grill pan.

Thinly sliced ribeye, shrimp, scallop, oyster mushroom, onion, kimchi, eggs, and cheese corn.
dV6UADAh.jpg

S3gHJmKh.jpg

Romaine lettuce, korean perilla leaves, and my favorite korean garlic chives and onion dipping sauce.
4rQZEE3h.jpg

VSgZjsbh.jpg

Dipping sauce is basically one part soy sauce, one part vinegar, and one part sugar with thinly sliced onions and garlic chives added in. You can also throw in some sliced jalapenos if you like heat.

Food was ridiculously good. Maybe it's because we've been dieting. But it was one of the best KBBQ we made at home.
L3o9XJlh.jpg

lettuce wrap
yBf8BeYh.jpg

pickled korean perilla leaf wrap
guOSxMWh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I'd like to hear more about the butane stove and grill pan. My stove seems much larger.

That looks FANTASTIC!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: ulc
Great to see you around again.

As always, killer Korean BBQ...

I've never tried the eggy/onion option on the side before, but it looks delish.

• Thanks
Great to see you posting again! Another fantastic meal. :cool:

• Thanks
I'd like to hear more about the butane stove and grill pan. My stove seems much larger.

I bought the tabletop butane stove from Costco Business Center. I think I paid like $20 or so. The grill pan I bought during my trip to Seoul and Jeju island, South Korea, last year. Here's link to that trip review.
Seoul and Jeju-do island, South Korea

Here's link to the first cook I did with the grill pan.
Picanha Korean BBQ Style

The grill pan works much better with the butane stove vs using it with portable induction top. The heat is much stronger and even the outer egg and green onion mixture cooks easily and evenly with the butane heat.

Great to see you around again.

As always, killer Korean BBQ...

I've never tried the eggy/onion option on the side before, but it looks delish.

Hi Marc! I've been trying to cut back on eating grilled and smoked meat so I've been avoiding coming here. My daughter is on some crazy low calorie diet so to show support, my wife and I are on a diet as well. Fun stuff. :becky:

Great to see you posting again! Another fantastic meal. :cool:
Thanks jeanie! Missed you folks.

Awesome looking plate. Must be a taste bud explosion after dieting For a while

lol. So true! Dieting is torture!

Back