CL Score Weber Performer 2009

aawa

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well yesterday I was surfing CL and listed was a Weber Propane Grill for $120. I clicked on it thinking it was going to be a gasser and to my suprise it was a Performer.... and the reason they listed for getting rid of it, was because they bought a "better" grill.

So I texted them and went over there after work and picked this bad boy up. I tried to haggle but they were firm at $120, which I still think was a steal. It was in great shape.
8wjDXgs.jpg

HDYFsUc.jpg

They said they bought it a couple years ago. I guess 4 years is a couple of years. It's a 2009
dpd6qkt.jpg

The grates were in good condition, won't have to buy them.
KkhKHiG.jpg

KzQvnN9.jpg

Only defects was a missing washer/bolt on the lid holder and a ding in the lid.
zUH4KKO.jpg

iNsdk0z.jpg

It came with a cover which is in rough condition and will be replaced and an extra propane bottle. A little bit of oven cleaner and elbow grease and this guy will be nice and pretty.

Even though I felt bad for haggling but I might as well try. This was a steal at $120.

Nice find.

Coincidentally, I found the same generation Performer today on CL, 10 mins after it was listed, for $100. It looks great. So far, I have resisted the temptation. I have 2 SSPs. I cannot justify another Performer!

Here it is. Hopefully a Brethren will grab it....SOON! :grin:

http://worcester.craigslist.org/for/4071808368.html

They got a 3 or 4 burner chargrill gasser.

Their loss, my gain!

lol, when that thing rusts out in 2yrs, they'll realize which one was better when they search for parts.

lol, when that thing rusts out in 2yrs, they'll realize which one was better when they search for parts.

Yep exactly. The nice thing is that it matches my 2005 performer. I'm tempted to sell my 2011 performer that is the newer style to a friend that wants one.

Back