Farkin' Chicken Skin is Killin' Me

Bell & Evans tends to have lighter colored skin....

I am not real sure what more you are looking for, the chicken turn in boxes on your site look awesome.

Yea, they do look good. Although I tasted some of Jeff's chicken this weekend - excellent except that it burnt my chin when the skin came off.:p :p

Wayne, recall what I told you... the OTHER side of the thigh Tammy bit into and the skin tore easily. Not sure why it would be so different on each side of the thigh but maybe theres something to be hit upon here. Like left handed briskets supposedly being more tender.

Wayne, recall what I told you... the OTHER side of the thigh Tammy bit into and the skin tore easily. Not sure why it would be so different on each side of the thigh but maybe theres something to be hit upon here. Like left handed briskets supposedly being more tender.

So what you are saying is that there is a different sensation when Wayne bites your thighs than when Tammy does. Interesting.

huh?

put it all in the box ?

the young chickens are whole chickens, most of us brethren cook parts of the chicken............... is cracker cookin whole chickens then cuttin the parts out ?....................could you please make this more clear

Last year we went with boneless, skinless chicken thighs at 2 different comps. Once we finished 11th and one we finished top half. One judge absolutely hated it and gave us straight 4s. Right now I trim the skin between 1/4 and 1/8 inch larger than the meat. If there is a little too much or a little too little skin after cooking, the garnish hides it.

were a rookie team just starting out i would love to see a couple of pixs of what a turn in box of chicken or any other meat should look like thanks for the help patrick burnt fork boys bakersfield ca.

Hey Patrick

Try doing a search in this forum or Q-Talk for turn-in boxes, or practice boxes. Lots of pix posted here in previous threads.

Find your way over to Cattle Call and introduce yourself properly too.

were a rookie team just starting out i would love to see a couple of pixs of what a turn in box of chicken or any other meat should look like thanks for the help patrick burnt fork boys bakersfield ca.

Patrick are you coming to the contest in Victorville next weekend?

Back