• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Says Cheating Better Than Offending TOTY

dmprantz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I know I'm sticking my hand in the snake pit with this, but it has become a wtf moment for me. In a different thread some one referenced KCBS BOD QuickNotes where an organizer's punishment for some irregularity was to make an extra $400 payout and then all was well. For some reason I decided to follow the link and read the rest of the quick notes, and something in them has me shocked, but I guess it shouldn't.

Most here know that KCBS banned me from competing for three years because of something that some one on my team did. I was the head cook and got caught in a bad situation beyond my control, but I wanted to make sure that's out there. The background to this is that two months prior, a KCBS rep cheated by falsifying score cards. The result was that the reps involved were fired and told that they could reapply in one year.

After I was punished I brought up how strange it was that I was banned for three years because of an apron that I didn't wear, and a rep who cheated was banned for only one. Multiple people on the BOD told me that this happened because reps could only be retrained or fired, and that the rules allowed them to reapply, but that acceptance was not guarenteed.

Well guess what: Less than a year since the termination, one of the reps involved with the falsifying of scores applied to be reinstated as a Rep in Training, and the board approved! It wasn't unanimous, (Farrin, Compton, and Harwell voted no), but really? After all the statements that applying didn't mean acceptance, a rep involved with falsifying scores gets let in less than a year later, and a head cook who had a team member wear an apron gets three years plus probation?

I hope every one who stood behind the board and felt that an apron hurt the product that the KCBS offerred is glad to know that according to the board, cheating and ethics hurt the product less. Enjoy your pure and clean sport.

dmp

And now I wait for people to tell me that I'm just bitter and it it isn't a problem to punish those involved with cheating less than those involved with offensive clothing.

dmp

I have always said something is wrong with reps hanging out with teams on Friday and I was hammered for suggesting it I guess it happens a lot more than I thought.

If I may. ... just because I have a twisted sense of humor...

Way to stick their nuts out by voting no. :shock: seriously though. I do applaud them for the no vote. That rep must have pictures is all I can say!!!! :evil:

It's all part of the Good Ole Boy network. Or kind of like MLB where you if you use drugs you will be banned, re-instated, banned, re-instated, etc., but lord help you if you gamble, you will be banned for life with no possibility of re-instatement.

A couple of contest ago I experienced horrible KCBS reps. My plan was to complain to KCBS, while looking up the info to do that, I noticed the Rep in question was a BOD, so I figured it would be a waste of time. I did complain to the contest organizer who said he had received numerous complaints about the Reps and would not be inviting them back.

I'm pretty sure I know the comp and the rep. That person has been at the center of several things lately. Personally, I pay attention to trends. With all the other incidents going on, I'd recommend letting the BOD know just in case they do too.

dmp

I do appreciate the guys that voted no, but the rest prove that it's the same old same old good ole boy way. Did Jeff Stith vote yes? he's always been a straight shooter around here. Maybe he can enlighten us.

Well, DMP, that is a good question, it does seem that a rep that has definitely cheated, should serve something more than a year away.

I also know about the apron thing, and think 3 years is too much. The apron was not in good judgement, but, a 3 year ban for not stopping it seems too far, always did.

dmp have you considered applying for reinstatement? Every...single...day. Make a game of it. Use a different email address for each day.

Doug accepted his punishment like a man, I would have told every one where to stuff it.

I say shame on all of the yes votes. They should be embarrassed. Thanks for calling them out.

My thoughts would be try for reinstatement, whats the worst they can say??? Bring up the rep issue as I do remember some of the apron incident being mentioned around but don't know/remember all the facts but I would consider it much more minor than what the rep did. Are they hurting for reps vs contestants???

Still on the newer side of competition experience so forgive the question but.........

You were kicked out of KCBS for 3 years because of an apron?? What exactly about wearing an apron is a problem??

Back