• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Pickin' in the Panhandle

try and send in they said if get enough teams they would get another generator. right now they have enough for 34 teams, i would call them, better chance.

try and send in they said if get enough teams they would get another generator. right now they have enough for 34 teams, i would call them, better chance.

At this stage in the game, wouldn't they also be limiting the number of teams by the number of judges they have lined up? Now if there is a team AND judge waiting list ... and they have room .... Why not open it up and get things rolling!

Lost Registration. Lost Organizers. Hello? Is anybody there?

I checked their website and much to my surprise, we were not registered. I have my registration form WITH fax confirmation that it went through. I registered on February 24th. After noticing this, I have emailed and called several times to see if it was an oversight not listing us as one of the teams on the website. I then went through my credit card statements and did not see a charge for the entry fee. I know mistakes happen, but now they are closed out and I can't even get an event organizer to return an email or a call. Very disappointed at the lack of communication. I think we will steer clear of this one in the future!!!!!!!!!!

I checked their website and much to my surprise, we were not registered. I have my registration form WITH fax confirmation that it went through. I registered on February 24th. After noticing this, I have emailed and called several times to see if it was an oversight not listing us as one of the teams on the website. I then went through my credit card statements and did not see a charge for the entry fee. I know mistakes happen, but now they are closed out and I can't even get an event organizer to return an email or a call. Very disappointed at the lack of communication. I think we will steer clear of this one in the future!!!!!!!!!!
That's a bummer guys! Sorry to hear that :sad:

I hear this advertised 10 times a day on the radio, they have NEVER mentioned the BBQ comp , just Kelly Pickler. Sounds to me like the competition isn't very important.

Good luck to everyone and safe travels.

I certainly wanted to go, but work has prevented it. Being from WV not many options exist, this and Snowshoe are about it. I WILL attend next year, probably in the backyard comp.

I am going to be there in the pro division. The whole thing started as a BBQ comp, but seems like they are gearing it more towards music now.

Status: Still no return call or email even after faxing a note with confirmation slip showing it went through.

I never received call backs or replies to emails either. As someone else mentioned, I think they are more concerned with the music aspect, and BBQ is taking back (way back) seat.

wallace

I have been in contact with them over the last week or so and they have respnded to all my emails and phone calls

Cat Sass is in. We're not looking forward to it, but we're in.

We used to look forward to this comp all year long. Just a shame how they've pushed the BBQ part of the event to the back burner. Unless a miracle happens, we probably wont be back next year.

Is there a Brethren shot? I hosted an unofficial Brethren shot in Fredericksburg this year. It was right after cook's meeting. Anyone interested?

Are you a good chicken cook?

HELL NO!!! :wink: Well, sometimes I can put out some decent stuff to get in the top ten. Other than that, I can make some really good chicken potpie....... I still have not given up on the cupcake chicken, although I am trying the 3-Eyz ways. (Hard headed; yes, that's me.)

He is the only TWO-time graduate of the 3-Eyz School of Higher BBQ..........that should tell you something...........:becky::becky:

I am not very good at paying attention when people say things.... All things considered, I would attend another one our your classes! Very good and always a HOOT!!!! If I get the chance, I'll be a 3 time grad!!

Maybe he didn't understand yous guys Maryland speak the first time ;)

I just needed to learn to like Patrón. I understood everything from then on.......

Don is a slow learner?

I might be, but I hope to be a true contender in a short time frame! Watch out!

Not at all.....he had such a good time in Florida, he decided he wanted to go again when we did the class at the BBQ Guru HQ's.

Seriously, both classes were a blast! I learned a lot from both. Although the class at the BBQ Guru HQ was a bigger blast!!! And, I'd do it again!!!

And, I can say, our ribs, pork and brisket are most definitely benifiting from the 3-Eyz class. A lot of stuff that you will not find outside of their class. Heck, we got 5th place at the SAMs comp! won $100.00!!!! Used the Big Ugly / 3-Eyz method. Even used their rub! So, there!!! :biggrin1:

I hope it continues onwards and upwards from here!

(Heaven knows I am jinxing myself right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

wallace

Back