• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Tupelo Don't Be Cruel BBQ Duel March 15th & 16th

M

MikeMSD

Who all is going to be down there this year? Looks like 98 teams signed up now. Looking like good weather so far. Accuweather is showing Sunny and high of 61 Thursday. Sunny and 72 Friday, and Mostly Sunny and 73 Saturday. Hopefully that holds out.

Last edited by a moderator:
901Q will be there (yes, after being 4th on the wait list). Looking forward to being a part of this one again this year.
See you guys next weekend.
Chris & Janie

I'll be judging again this year. Will try to make it around Friday night to visit with some brethren.

Of course Too Sauced to Pork will be there. Come by and visit us if you get a few spare moments. I'm always looking for more friends in Que. :cool:

Smoke Me Silly will be there! This is where we started out in KCBS last year, and looking forward to coming back.

Weather is perfect. 77 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. Should be about the same on Sat.

I wish I had planned my travels better. Drove right past Tupelo yesterday en route back from Florida but this explains why I passed BBQTV on the highway!

Good luck everyone.

OVERALL WINNERS

1. Brew “N” Bar-B-Que of Shawnee, Kan.

2. Big Blue Que of Athens, Ala.

3. Southern Krunk BBQ Society of Hot Springs, Ark.

4. Warren Co. Pork Choppers of Bowling Green, Ky.

5. Que’n Stew’n & Brew’n of Kennesaw, Ga.

6. Jiggy Piggy of Decatur, Ala.

7. Smokin’ Triggers of Alvarado, Texas

8. QUAU of Brimfield, Ill.

9. Tuscumbia River Bottom BBQ of Ramer, Tenn.

10. House of Que of Springville, Ala.

Of note was the highest placing local team, Hotty Totty BBQ Crew from Marietta. The team placed first in chicken with a perfect score and 15th overall, beating out a lot of teams that are in the top 25 in the country.

PRIZE MONEY

The festival paid out $15,000 among the top 10 places and category winners.The grand overall winner walked away with $3,000; second place, $2,000; third place, $1,000; and category winners got anything from $50 to $700.

For those that competed there, are team sites first come first serve or assigned before you got there? Just wondering as I saw some sites by the site map weren't open until late Fri due to I assume local businesses being open until that afternoon.

Back