BBQ Guru & Maverick 732 Help

boltsfan

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I ordered the probe eyelet assembly from BBQ Guru and the Maverick 732 from Amazon at the same time. I was so excited, that I missed the *Maverick NOTE* at the bottom stating the probes would not fit. DOH! :frusty:

I installed the sensor already, so should I return the Maverick to Amazon and get another thermometer that will fit? I am not interested in drilling holes in my WSM.

Any help is appreciated.

Just run the probe through the top vent of your wsm. No drilling required.

Thanks for the suggestions...

If run under the lid, the wire gets crimped and I am afraid it will get damaged over time.

Running thru the top vent of the lid is an option but not the one I prefer.

I dont have a WSM but I have something close

I just run them through the door and close the door with the wire sticking out one of the corners.

I just drilled a slightly bigger hole and left the eyelet out, running directly into the hole.

Cajun Bandit has the 3/8 eyelet that will hold 3 or 4 probes.

Thanks for all the help...

I can return the Maverick 732 so is there another thermometer u guys would recommend that would fit thru the BBQ Guru eyelets?

Have also seen some guys use a dremel tool to cut a small slit in the middle section to be able to pass the probe and wire thru.

Just drill the hole. No big deal. Put tape over the spot before drilling to prevent the coating from chipping.

I've drilled a lot of holes in my WSMs for mods. It's easy and they've done no damage.
Using a Dremel to make a slot also works well, but it's also invasive. If you are going to Dremel it, might just as well drill a hole.

Back