60 gallon air compressor tank build

Thanks guys.
JB, the cut for the fire box was a tricky part for me. If I were going to do this again, I'd borrow my buddies portable ban saw. Getting the horizontal cut right was a bugger.
I'm looking forward to seeing how this thing cooks :mrgreen:

Had a bit of time today and did a little bit on the smoker.
Here is the back of the firebox cut out to let the smoke in under the RF plate

picture.php

And while I had the plasma cutter out figured I'd get the vent cut in and placed too.

picture.php

This pipe is a 6 5/8" o.d. according to the calculator this will give me proper air flow.
Now for my son to get home and do some welding so we can get this thing finished and with some hope cook on it next weekend........

Awesome start brother!!!! Wonderful that you are getting your son involved in it you will never regret it and the two of you are building fond memories. You will be cooking on that for many a year and so will your son. Kudos to the both of you!!!!!!!

Thank you both, my son and I haven't been together for a lot if his life. ...Exwife.....

But you guys are spot on, this is really bringing us closer and he asked to be part of the comp team I've got started and I love it!!!!! NEVER have I felt so good about Q'n and building something, this is the greatest time of my life

Managed to get a lot done today. Waiting on parts so.....do something constructive. Works a waste of time hahahaha

Got almost everything welded up today. Just a few more things to do and then some grinding and paint.

Here's a couple pics of my son Ty welding on the smoker.

picture.php

picture.php

And here's how she looks at the end of today. We could have got a bit more done but he was whining about being hungry......like he misses out on meals lol

picture.php

Thanks for checkin in and following this build

Thanks me too. I hoped to have it done by this weekend, but I don't think that'll happen. I unexpectedly have to deliver a load of hay and that''s 2 days gone.

that looks sweet so far. I just built a 120 gallon RF. on your fire box I would put the intake vents low on both sides. I would also make a charcoal/wood bow for inside the firebox that slides out, it makes it easy to fill or empty.

Thanks guys.
No the vent isn't galvanized. It's mild steel.

Thanks for the input, I was thinking how/where the vent/s were going to go. I was planning the vent on the bottom of the door.
I planed on making a rack/bow that would sit about 3" of off the bottom. Now you've got me thinking on a slide out feature.

Thank you all.
JB that's the size the calculator figures came to and a couple inches extra.
I figured you can always cut some off if needed it's easier than adding to it.
TQ thanks and yeah, I dreamt about cookin on it last night. Lol

Back