• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Injectors

T

tahoewrbs

I am looking for advice on an injector that can handle spices without clogging the needle thanks. Would use on brisket, butts, chicken thanks

Its the needle that gets clogged so you need a large needle although most use the 16 - 14 guage and grind their spices so as not to clog.

The most problematic for me is the pepper in creole butter. I use a commercial brine pump made by F. Dick. (real name) Be careful when you google it. The results may be suprising. I had to cut the nylon screen off the intake for it to allow the pepper flakes to pass. It is available at jacksoldsouth.com for $175.00.

I got the Spitjack as a present, of sorts. Can't say it's worth the money - but it's so much fun to use. Also, the injector nozzles come in a variety of sizes, so you can select one with a large opening for marinades that need it.

I have the Wesson 4oz with huge needle and 12 multi direction holes! It's awesome for briskes and butts!
c1aad343.jpg

Jmoney,
I can tell times are tough for you from the hot beer in your console.

.....I like these little guys from [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Norpro-777-Deluxe-Marinade-Injector/dp/B004PJDQCQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1353943419&sr=8-7&keywords=meat+injector"]Amazon[/ame]. They work really well, actually. They do not last a very long time like some of the stainless steel injectors, but I've found that the stainless steel injectors are cumbersome to use. The major downfall of these injectors from Amazon is that the plastic bowl eventually splits - it could be due to putting them in the dishwasher.

Personally, I think the cats-ass injector would be a combination between the F.Dick injector and the Jacks Old South injector. I like the pistol grip of the F.Dick injector and the overall size, but would like to see an injector with a larger reservoir annex. I'd like to be able to mix my injections at home in a mason jar, liter bottle, or gallon jug and have a small(er) injector pump that automatically refills the injector as the trigger rebounds.

Naw man, times couldn't be better actually. That was a beer that was frozen that I had thawed out. The wife doesnt make me clean out the ranch work truck too often Obviously! Can't waste the nectar of the gods! :biggrin1:

JI like the pistol grip of the F.Dick injector and the overall size, but would like to see an injector with a larger reservoir annex. I'd like to be able to mix my injections at home in a mason jar, liter bottle, or gallon jug and have a small(er) injector pump that automatically refills the injector as the trigger rebounds.
20cc-draw-injector.jpg

Here you go

^^^^^^ thats what I use ^^^^^^^

I have the Wesson 4oz with huge needle and 12 multi direction holes! It's awesome for briskes and butts!
c1aad343.jpg

It may be time to clean your car, my friend. Is it legal to inject brisket while driving? :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

One thing that can help a lot is to make the brine ahead of time and the strain though a paint filter prior to injecting. I too used the larg FDick brine pump and have removed the filter screen. Paint filters help a lot because cleaning the non-return valves and the long SHARP cannula is a real PITA.

I like this one too but I don't do comps. A little veg oil around the O-ring goes a long way with the big holes in the needle.

I had one of those and the only issue with mine was the needle tip was round not sharp and it was tough to get into some things like brisket and shoulder.

Back