Light for MAK

kevinstaggs

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I got a MAK and few weeks back... due in large part to guilty parties on this forum - you know who you are, don't make me name you.

But... its pretty dark in there. Has anyone found a good lighting system?

Has anyone found a good lighting system?
A cheap headlamp works great, it leaves your hands free, nothing is mounted to your cooker and it's super portable, or an L.E.D floodlight on a tripod like rwalters said. I use the headlamp for the all night cooks and sometimes use the tripod light for the times I have multiple cooks happening.

These look interesting

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGY2S63/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_HB0nFb6CVXMN1
1cfecea494b0d786e15d6cb1ba50b758.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I can work around the handle diameter but I have a front shelf (which I love) installed. That makes it hard to understand how a mounted handle would work, angle-wise, without having to adjust each time you open the lid.

This is a hard one boys, keep up the good work and we'll figure it out...

I have a covered pergola setup over my cookers, with some string lights. They help for general use. I'm highly allergic to headlamps and break out in a giant case of "eff that" so those are out. At work I often need a light, so I keep a Streamlight Penlight clipped in my pocket at all times, and I'm proficient in doing work while holding that in my teeth.

We have a slew of Milwaukee M12 lights that we use for various tasks. But if needed I'll likely grab the tripod version that is similar to the Husky that Robb posted.

I've often wondered why pellet smokers don't have a light inside them. My oven has one, and I can set it at temps much higher than I use for smoking.

Back