Some Cold Smoked Back and Side Bacon...

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This is the side and some of the back bacon from one of my Spot pigs..

004-6-1.jpg

b7b7a7b0-1.jpg

fe8e1b29-1.jpg

0bc54995-1.jpg

dry curing the slabs...

6d5b84ca-1.jpg

de1ba7ce-1.jpg

some of the back bacon..

b664ad09-1.jpg

brine curing the back bacon...

958fe3d9-1.jpg

ready for the smokehouse..

I made some Steakhouse Canadian bacon, pepper rolled bacon, jalapeno side bacon, maple cayenne bacon, garlic pepper onion bacons... I can't remember what else. lol

3e4c1a62-1.jpg

81895ce5-1.jpg

used my smokehouse to cold smoke the bacons...

3ce1955a-1.jpg

ed1125f3-1.jpg

f7923271-1.jpg

e09f0881-1.jpg

deb69a71-1.jpg

8c675c8e-1.jpg

5ae1239a-1.jpg

I used a lot of the bacon during deer season but still have enough to last until the next butchering.

more about the bacon ... http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2011/12/smokehouse-cold-smoked-bacon.html

I smoked some bacon wrapped bacon during deer season too...
http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121841

I'm up to my eyeballs in bacon... but it won't last long enough. :)

Thanks for looking!

OH MY GOONESS!!! as Shirley would say.THAT is inspirational!!! I am just starting to dabble in charcutiere.Your post is AWESOME!

OMG! You did that pig justice!!! That is some awesome stuff right there! LOVE the color on them. So clean! :clap: What wood did you smoke with?

Cheers

Thanks Jeanie! Lots of beautiful Bacon! I always get "Smoke House Envy" when I see your pics of it. That cheese looks awesome too!

My lord you are just perfect. Raising hogs, Smoking cooking, camping fishing. That is really nice looking pork.

What feed method on the hogs? Grain fed, restaurant leavings etc. How large were the hogs before they hit the smoke house?

Thank you for the kind comments friends!

OMG! You did that pig justice!!! That is some awesome stuff right there! LOVE the color on them. So clean! :clap: What wood did you smoke with?

Cheers
Thank you Phrasty! I used a combo of apple and pecan. I have used it in the past and really liked the outcome.

Thanks Pat... where in the heck have you been? We miss ya!

My lord you are just perfect. Raising hogs, Smoking cooking, camping fishing. That is really nice looking pork.

What feed method on the hogs? Grain fed, restaurant leavings etc. How large were the hogs before they hit the smoke house?

Thank you Rick...you're way too kind! I feed a grain mixture, and they get some scraps and some of the extra eggs from my hens.
I usually like to butcher them between 225 and 250lbs but I had so much going on that I didn't get to them until they were probably 275... we didn't weigh them before butchering.

Thanks again everyone!

Great, now I have to put 2 more things on my Christmas list, a smokehouse and Cowgirl and her bacon. Does anyone know if they sell those on Amazon? I think I still have a couple bucks left on my credit card after all that Christmas shopping. :thumb:

Great, now I have to put 2 more things on my Christmas list, a smokehouse and Cowgirl and her bacon. Does anyone know if they sell those on Amazon? I think I still have a couple bucks left on my credit card after all that Christmas shopping. :thumb:

lol Thanks!!
Hope you have a great Christmas!! :-D

Back