I really love my Weber's too. I have done some extreme mods to my 22.5, because I wanted a side burner and shelf, which were chronicled under the FrankenWeber thread and have done a few more mods (added hook for Cast Iron Pan, mounted the grill tools and the propane tank) so here is the final result...

View attachment 16621

Also I made smokers out of two 18.5 kettles I had and those are chronicled under the Bride of FrankenWeber thread, and I have mounted both of these on casters, but don't have a recent photo. So this is basically what they look like...
View attachment 16622

I also made a custom water baffle from some beer cans for the 22.5 chronicled under the Smokin on the kettle thread and have since made a revised version out of a coffee can, and some aluminum tape.

I am thinking I am going to do the Mods to my SJP that JD did, but haven't quite gotten enough time recently.

Love my Weber equipment. Top of the rung for the backyarder like myself IMO.

I love that Kettle Kart. Kicks arse!

This is a beautiful thread. I've teared up twice.

BraumaBurgers052608009Medium.jpg
That egg under the deck seems to be giving the kettle the stink eye!

Hey guys, sorry i missed this thread, been busy lately.
I wanna join in! Bought this to chop up for a Drum until i noticed the date stamp.....wasnt one, meaning pre 79! Classic restore job in great shape!

Also have 2 more Kettles and a Smokey Joe!
Bubba, that's a Klassic. Save her and bring back into service!

Here's my posse!!
2606965128_d3dc6142b7_o.jpg

2606965130_229caed757_o.jpg

My Baby!! An 18.5 BarBKettle, No date stamp!! This was my first grill ever!! I lost my grilling virginity with her!!:wink:
2606965138_3ff849acb5_o.jpg

Let me find some kettle action shots!!
717562880_f1b46a5fc4_o.jpg

Here's a pic of the 22.5 A stamp kettle my dad has that belonged to his FIL.
717562754_9350000f1b_o.jpg

Interior pic of my dad's A stamp kettle. Those are the original grates.
picture.php

Here's a money shot!
Smoke004.jpg

Or this one!
Smoke002.jpg

They really are like family!

Last edited:
My first kettle was a wedding present from my B-I-L in 1980. Marriage only lasted 7 years but I'm still with kettle 28 years later!:biggrin: The legs are gone so she now sits atop a wrought iron plant stand. I mainly use my Performer which was purchased in 87' or 88' and have a smokey joe and another 22.5" kettle I picked up for $20 two weeks ago.

I purchased a demo model 22.5" Weber OTS last year and absolutely LOVE it! I am amazed by all the diffrent setups you can use to cook on one of these, from smoking BBB to grilling steaks it can not be beat! My next purchase for it will be a rotisserie setup for chickens. I found a video on youtube of a guy doing brick-oven style pizza on his performer, gonna be doing that later in the week. Here is a link for the pizza. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVeQBHludGs

Bump

We've got some newbies and I wanted to share this thread with them.

You had to do it, didn't you, Larry? Well I would have anyway!

Here is something that just followed me home, kinda rough like all my REDS, but it should clean up OK!

100_2774.jpg

It's an "F" (1984) 22.5" One Touch Silver (OTS) Wood handles are in good shape, rust and chipped porcelain in the usual spots, but not bad for a 24 year old Kettle. And the price was right, FREE.

And I finally got a BLUE lid for the Genesis Silver B, I picked up a couple months back. Also FREE

100_2775.jpg

It's cleaned and tuned, all I need are a couple fasteners for the Weber logo plaque and it and the Blue Master-Touch are headed to my mom's house!

craigslist RAWKS!!

Weber King....Kamado King...He NEEDS the Burger King sign for sure.:wink:

Paul

How is it this thread has 5 pages to it, yet this is the first time I've seen it?:icon_blush:

Stopped by the local ACE Hardware store yesterday to inquire about the new 26" Kettle that is being released in 2009.

No word on it yet. They took my name and phone number and promised to call me the minute it is available to order. Also, will be waiting for the new 22" WSM.

They wanted to know how I knew all this information and they were dealers and didn't know it. I explained that they needed to be part of the BBQ Brethren. Let's see if they show up.

I bought this one for $40 to use for A UDS but turns out it has an A date stamp.
redkettle1.jpg

I recused this one from the dump for the UDS

kettle2_02.jpg

And this one from the dump as well
18kettle.jpg

I will announce my membership to the Kettle Appreciation Society. I have had mine for a little over 1 month. And Wednesday, this past wendnesday. I grilled Brat's the way they were supposed to be grilled. Over charcoal.

My gasser usually cooked them too fast, though decent, were never what I had imagined what they should be. I see the light in clear view.

The only grills that get dumped over here are the single-use disposable type. I have never EVER seen a dumped Weber, and if I did it'd probably be totally shafted!
Not that I'm jealous or anything, no, perish the thought!

The only grills that get dumped over here are the single-use disposable type. I have never EVER seen a dumped Weber, and if I did it'd probably be totally shafted!
Not that I'm jealous or anything, no, perish the thought!

If I ever catch anyone shafting my kettle I'll....oh never mind.

Oh yes I even took her to the Pub Sunday.

Ookaaaay, I'm now officially worried about you Doc!:wink:
The more I use mine the more impressed I get at how easy they are to cook on. We had friends over recently and I did cedr plank salmon fillets, bacon burgers from the local pork farm (yes, they were very good!) and some good quality Lincolnshire sausages. Yes, I know, no pictures=didn't happen, I forgot OKAY!!!:tongue:
Anyhoo, Mrs Browser commented on how much more relaxed cooking on the kettle seemed to be compared to our old gasser which "...always had huge flames coming out of it"! I had to agree and I realised I hardly ever do totally direct grilling any more as I always bank the coals either to the side or down the middle leaving enough space to indirect cook most of the food as (a) it cooks mor eslowly & evenly and (b) it tastes better that way. I'm even happier since my birthday on the 22nd 'cos I got a Weber warming rack and side table and, yes, I promise I'll take some pictures next time I'm grilling:biggrin:

Had to revive this thread. After this thanksgiving, and cooking almost completely on it and turning out the food that I did. I am truly grateful for this magnificent entity.

Currently smoking a rack of ribs and tomorrow a Butt is going on.

I appreciate my Kettle. Yes I do.

Love the kette! After seeing some turkey pron on here w/ the rotissire I ordered one from amazon...it will be here wed. I love shopping and drinking, I always get something good the following week:mrgreen: Ive been putting it off for some time...so I deserve it.

Back