KCBS ToY

In order to prevent a tie in the top 20 positions, the following procedures be applied. Look at the place scores of the contests of each tied team. The team with the most 1st place scores is the winner. If this does not break the tie, look to the eleventh contest cooked by the tied teams. This contest score will be factored in with the other ten contest scores. Should this not break the tie, continue with contest 12. Should a team not have cooked more than 10 contests, a zero will be input for the tie breaking contest.

In order to prevent a tie in the top 20 positions, the following procedures be applied. Look at the place scores of the contests of each tied team. The team with the most 1st place scores is the winner. If this does not break the tie, look to the eleventh contest cooked by the tied teams. This contest score will be factored in with the other ten contest scores. Should this not break the tie, continue with contest 12. Should a team not have cooked more than 10 contests, a zero will be input for the tie breaking contest.

So the whole thing will come down to has won the most GC's? Seems like the point system is irrelevant then. But of course that's just my opinion.

So the whole thing will come down to has won the most GC's? Seems like the point system is irrelevant then. But of course that's just my opinion.

Why is it irrelevant ? Even without a tie GC's play a major role in the point system. A team gets 250 points for a GC. Carrying that through to breaking a tie makes sense to me.

Why is it irrelevant ? Even without a tie GC's play a major role in the point system. A team gets 250 points for a GC. Carrying that through to breaking a tie makes sense to me.

Head to head match ups seem like a better deciding factor on who the best team is IMO. Most GCs just awards cherry picking small contests.

Head to head match ups seem like a better deciding factor on who the best team is IMO. Most GCs just awards cherry picking small contests.

The bonus points make cherry picking small contests a bad move. A head to head just tells you who was the better cook that day. How about best out of 5?

The bonus points make cherry picking small contests a bad move. A head to head just tells you who was the better cook that day. How about best out of 5?

Well right now I believe it's 16 to 9 as far as the GC count but the GC leader is 0 for 2 against the 2nd place team head to head. 0 for 3 if you count the Jack.

Ties at contests aren't settled by who had the most 1st place finishes in the categories but rather by part of the actual point system. Why would ToY be any different.

Well right now I believe it's 16 to 9 as far as the GC count but the GC leader is 0 for 2 against the 2nd place team head to head. 0 for 3 if you count the Jack.

I have no dog in this fight but the big issue with this is you can't say that both teams were judged by the same tables...and we all know that there are good and bad tables at contests with KCBScore. The only way this would work would be to have it on a neutral site and have all their entries judged by the same tables.

I have no dog in this fight but the big issue with this is you can't say that both teams were judged by the same tables...and we all know that there are good and bad tables at contests with KCBScore. The only way this would work would be to have it on a neutral site and have all their entries judged by the same tables.

The whole KCBS system is about judging against a standard within a point system and specifically not judging entries against each other.....

I'm not saying they should be judged against each other. I'm saying that the only way to remove any questions would be to have them judged by the same tables and the judges are instructed to judge them on their own merit, not to compare them. There would be no excuses on hitting a hot or cold table.

If both teams cook GA next weekend... there very well could be a "head to head" winner...

Should be an interesting end to the year...

If both teams cook GA next weekend... there very well could be a "head to head" winner...

Should be an interesting end to the year...

They have cooked at the same contest 3 times this year. Warren County finished ahead of Truebud all 3 times with 2 of them being GC's. But the "rule" says whoever has the most overall GC's wins. Therefore it will be Truebud.

They have cooked at the same contest 3 times this year. Warren County finished ahead of Truebud all 3 times with 2 of them being GC's. But the "rule" says whoever has the most overall GC's wins. Therefore it will be Truebud.

Depending on how many teams... and all the "math"... WCPC or Trubud could win it outright with a GC...

Back