• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Certified Angus Brisket

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
Dr Ray recommends Choice grade Certified Angus Brisket for competetion here:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9719&highlight=brisket

I sure enough believe him because Certified Angus is mentioned many times elsewhere as a superior and consistant meat.

However, here in the SE, DF and I can not find any supplier who even recognizes the phrase
icon_cry.gif

Kinda bizarre, because a few high end restaurants "tout" Certified Angus, but are closed mouth as to the source. Makes me wonder if it is the "real thing" or hype!
Brunos Food Store in Dothan, AL sells "Certified Angus" steaks and some other cuts. But, their "order book" does not even list brisket--he showed it to me!

If ya can't buy it, you can't age it and can't compete with it!

Certified Angus Brisket appears to me a TX or MidWest thing.
Found flats on the Web for $12/lb with some "punitive" shipping added on for good measure. Hell, we have trouble making entry fees
icon_lol.gif

I have Stacey (JacksonsDad) searching in the DFW area. May wind up being a "road trip" excuse to see the Kiddos if I have to.

Anyone else have a source for "Certified Angus Brisket"--preferably flats-- that is reasonably priced?????

Looking for "The Edge" any way we can
icon_lol.gif

Shopping, Shopping, Shopping!

TIM

Last edited:
kapndsl said:
Dr Ray recommends Choice grade Certified Angus Brisket for competetion here:
http://www.bandera-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4128&highlight=certified

I sure enough believe him because Certified Angus is mentioned many times elsewhere as a superior and consistant meat.

However, here in the SE, DF and I can not find any supplier who even recognizes the phrase :cry:
Kinda bizarre, because a few high end restaurants "tout" Certified Angus, but are closed mouth as to the source. Makes me wonder if it is the "real thing" or hype!
Brunos Food Store in Dothan, AL sells "Certified Angus" steaks and some other cuts. But, their "order book" does not even list brisket--he showed it to me!

If ya can't buy it, you can't age it and can't compete with it!

Certified Angus Brisket appears to me a TX or MidWest thing.
Found flats on the Web for $12/lb with some "punitive" shipping added on for good measure. Hell, we have trouble making entry fees :lol:

I have Stacey (JacksonsDad) searching in the DFW area. May wind up being a "road trip" excuse to see the Kiddos if I have to.

Anyone else have a source for "Certified Angus Brisket"--preferably flats-- that is reasonably priced?????

Looking for "The Edge" any way we can :lol:

Shopping, Shopping, Shopping!

TIM

Big here indeed. I'll try to make some calls tomorrow to see what I can find for you. If you factor in shipping, making the trip to see the family might be worth it...financially that is :wink:

Hey Tim, go to this web site http://www.certifiedangusbeef.com/ Then click on where to buy. You may have to travel a little to get it. But it may be worthwhile. I don't always use CAB, and have had some of my best finishes in brisket with choice from Sams. But, consistency at Sams can definately be an issue.

Back