Great day for RIBS

Wags05

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
It's Iowa and it's in the 60's!!! The man is calling for snow tomorrow so why not take advantage today and cook some ribs. My neighbor is a food broker and gave me 6 racks of BB. Picked up 3 more and a whole chicken. Using peanut oil, bad byron's and cayenne to start.

Attachments

• rib day.jpg
    rib day.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 357
  • prepped ribs.jpg
    prepped ribs.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 357
Ribs on - smoker to temp - time to prep a chicken......happy hour in 20!

Attachments

• ribs on.jpg
    ribs on.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 324
You had me at "neighbor" and "Food broker" ....crap that would be nice! Oh those ribs look like they'll turn out good. The weather is beeeeeeeeautiful!

Wags....now i'm mad at you. :icon_pissed I just checked the weather and realized we could get 7"'s of snow and it's 50's and sunny today!

Wags....now i'm mad at you. :icon_pissed I just checked the weather and realized we could get 7"'s of snow and it's 50's and sunny today!
Midwest farking weather......:crazy:.....on with happy hour.

Attachments

• happy hour.jpg
    happy hour.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 310
chicken to go on in 20.....Fredo and Rosco are brimming with anticipation

Attachments

• anticipation.jpg
    anticipation.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 298
  • chicken.jpg
    chicken.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 298
The weather sure is tempting today. First time in the 50's since early December here. As much as I would like to be breaking in my new Weber Performer Gold, it just is not in the card for today.....I've been sick for a couple of days, and my wife just left for work for the night.

I have never seen a bad day to cook a batch of BonZ
Got it:-D.....dogs love 'em. BTW blue - looking forward to trying your brisket method.....Everything is on and it's just a waiting game now.

Attachments

• ribs chx.jpg
    ribs chx.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 280
Nice!

I'm taking advantage of this weather too but just teriyaki chicken here.

Preparing a sauce to finish ribs with. Giving Russ and Franks firey BBQ sauce a try and holy chit is it hot. Trying to tame it with honey and this cranberry stuff my wife likes.

Attachments

• rib baste.jpg
    rib baste.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 268
Looking good!! Your helpers are cuties too. :-D

All was good - chicken was moist - sauce was good - honey and 1/2 hr in the smoker took some of the heat out - couple of pics. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• rbs chx.jpg
    rbs chx.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 123
  • 2 rbs chx.jpg
    2 rbs chx.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 123
Back