Blues Hog Chicken Sauce, American Fries, Caramelized Onions, & Cheese

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Trimmed up 10 thighs Saturday afternoon and brined them for 3 hours, seasoned them and held in fridge overnight for cooking yesterday morning. The brine worked way too good and the thighs were dang near too salty to eat. Being the kind of frugal guy I am and not wanting them to go to waste I trimmed the meat off the bones, chopped it up skin and all put it in a small sauce pan with 50/50 Blues Hog and Blues Hog Tn Red and added the same amount of water, cooked real slow till all the liquid was gone and we had a kinda chicken confit to which I added back some sauce (no water this time). Cut up some baking taters into strips and fried (Sue did) for 3 min and drained on paper sack and then on paper towels and let completely cool. They were fried again this time a little hotter, till crisp and browned, placed on pepper towels. While she was frying I was suppose to be caramelizing some onions and took my eye off of em at the end and burnt em pretty good which ruined the looks of the dish but they still tasted alright. Now it was time to plate it and we piled all the fries on first, a good layer of the Blues Hog Chicken Sauce, Caramelized Onions, and then the cheese which was some pizza blend followed up with a lil fresh moz. Placed under the broiler for 3 or 4 min till cheese melted. Shake a good amount of Texas Pete on there at the table and life was pretty good.

SDC10829a.jpg

SDC10833a.jpg

SDC10834a.jpg

Back