• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

smoked chicken & pineapple pizza

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

with fresh mozzarella and marinara sauce made with carrots :biggrin:

chickenpineapplepizza-007.jpg

chickenpineapplepizza-008.jpg

chickenpineapplepizza-015.jpg

Looks fantastic RTD !!

However, if my favorite old-school Italian grandmother ever saw me put pineapples on a pizza I would be banned from her house forever !!!

Holy Moly Batman...that looks incredible Rick! :p I'm a big fan of Hawaiian style pizza...this is right up my alley!

My tongue and stomach just packed up and moved out. Said something about going to Farmersville. I'm gonna miss them a lot. Please treat them well.

I can tell you first hand that RTD can make some pizza on the Egg, and that one looks like a winner!!

Looks great Rick!!

The 2nd shot looks like the lighting was pretty tricky but
of course, your the master at those kind of shots!!:eusa_clap:-D

Marinara.....with carrots?:confused:

Never heard of such a thing.......is it better than just plain old marinara?

Recipe?

I can tell you first hand that RTD can make some pizza on the Egg, and that one looks like a winner!!

I can attest to that too Mike!

I've had a couple of different kinds of pizza out of his egg and they were VERY tasty!!:-D

Looks great Rick!!

The 2nd shot looks like the lighting was pretty tricky but
of course, your the master at those kind of shots!!:eusa_clap:-D

Marinara.....with carrots?:confused:

Never heard of such a thing.......is it better than just plain old marinara?

Recipe?

it's dorothy lane market's brand. here's the ingredients:
diced tomatoes, onions, carrots, sea salt, basil, evoo, sugar, oregano, black pepper, citric acid

it's dorothy lane market's brand. here's the ingredients:
diced tomatoes, onions, carrots, sea salt, basil, evoo, sugar, oregano, black pepper, citric acid

Oh, ok.

You are SO lucky to have Dorthy Lane......

If you asked for prosciutto, speck, or pancetta around here they would just send you to the canned ethnic foods isle....:roll:.....You can't even buy panko bread crumbs around here!!!.....have to go clear to Columbus....:icon_pissed

Last edited:
Oh, ok.

You are SO lucky to have Dorothy Lane......

If you asked for prosciutto, speck, or pancetta around here they would just send you to the canned ethnic foods isle....:roll:.....You can't even buy panko bread crumbs around here!!!.....have to go clear to Columbus....:icon_pissed

i could live in that store! it really makes trips to krogers suck. hey, you should be able to find panko at krogers

Another outstanding pizza made by Rick on his BGE.
Showed the picture to my wife and she flipped out, she is a huge pineapple lover on our pizzas.

thanks guys

that last pic was the first time i've ever manually changed the white balance on the camera. since it was in the kitchen under incandescent lights, the color is off if the camera doesn't adjust it correctly when on auto white balance. i'd usually have to mess with the image in photoshop to correct the color.

Back