Baby Backs with pr0n

Those Trigg ribs look excellent!

Did they take a full 6 hours?
I ask, because 3-2-1 = 6, and you were running 250 - 275?
Seems like you might have got there in 5 easy (with back ribs) at that temp (???)

Those Trigg ribs look excellent!

Did they take a full 6 hours?
I ask, because 3-2-1 = 6, and you were running 250 - 275?
Seems like you might have got there in 5 easy (with back ribs) at that temp (???)

This was my first time wrapping ribs so wasn't sure exactly when to wrap but I asked in another thread on here http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170790 and was told to look at the color - well, they looked like they were on their way to being done so I wrapped them at 2-1/2 hours. Took only another hour for them to probe almost tender but wanted to dry them out a bit (that butter, brown sugar and honey melts into a nice pool in the foil) so left them unwrapped for another 45min. So was more like 2-1/2 - 1 - 45min = 4:15 hours. At close to 250 (have found out my UDS runs close to 25-50 degrees hotter in the middle.

But was my first run doing this so not sure if I wrapped at the right moment but hoping to get some advice from pros on here after they see the first two pictures I put up in this thread.

This was my first time wrapping ribs so wasn't sure exactly when to wrap but I asked in another thread on here http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170790 and was told to look at the color - well, they looked like they were on their way to being done so I wrapped them at 2-1/2 hours. Took only another hour for them to probe almost tender but wanted to dry them out a bit (that butter, brown sugar and honey melts into a nice pool in the foil) so left them unwrapped for another 45min. So was more like 2-1/2 - 1 - 45min = 4:15 hours. At close to 250 (have found out my UDS runs close to 25-50 degrees hotter in the middle.

But was my first run doing this so not sure if I wrapped at the right moment but hoping to get some advice from pros on here after they see the first two pictures I put up in this thread.

Well, heck... everyone's a pro, and they all disagree :blah:
You just do what works for ya!

Remember, you can make great Q with most any smoker, but opinions are usually based on the smoker someone is using (which prolly ain't yours).

Personally (and take my advice with a tiny grain of salt)...
I like to cook chicken hot, fast, skin-down, and dry, but ribs..
I like em hot, fast and MOIST.

I use a water smoker (for ribs), and get back ribs done in 3.5 flat.
But, that's with my smoker.

What you did with your smoker looks real good!
I wouldn't change much if'n I wuz u :biggrin1:

Back