Curing a boneless pork butt like pancetta?

CarolinaQue

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Any one ever make pancetta out of a boneless pork butt and then smoke it? I'm thinking about doing this and was wondering how it came out? Any one care to share a recipe?

Buck board bacon, Yummy. I will be curing some next week along with 2 pork bellies for bacon. Slice the buck board bacon like ham and fry in pan for breakfast!

Buck board bacon, Yummy. I will be curing some next week along with 2 pork bellies for bacon. Slice the buck board bacon like ham and fry in pan for breakfast!

I've done both Buckboard and regular bacon several times. I was looking for some thing closer to a cured ham end result. My wife bought a boneless pork butt, and I wanted to do some thing a little different with it.

I've done both Buckboard and regular bacon several times. I was looking for some thing closer to a cured ham end result. My wife bought a boneless pork butt, and I wanted to do some thing a little different with it.

You can cure a boneless pork butt, then roll and tie, and make a rolled ham to roast. I do this for some church fund raiser dinners.

You can also cure boneless butts and smoke to make pulled ham sandwiches. Something different from time to time.

Back