"Served With Chili" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, March 8th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Served With Chili!"

picture.php

Grilled Chili Dogs, courtesy of Boshizzle, our unofficial resident chili dog chef!

As chosen by AClarke44 for winning the "Ultimate Cheeseburger" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

AClarke44 said:
Thanks for all the work you guys put into running the throw downs!

These cold days have me wanting some chili,[FONT=&quot] so let's do a "Served with Chili" Throwdown, which we've never done before! Chili dogs, chili burgers, enchiladas, burritos, frito pie, nachos, come to mind, with many more possibilities. Green or red chili, your choice! Standard Throwdown rules apply.
[/FONT]

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 2/19 through Monday 3/8.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 3/8.

Click here to read the rules BEFORE entering BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
These cold days have me wanting some chili, so let's do a "Served with Chili" Throwdown, which we've never done before! Chili dogs, chili burgers, enchiladas, burritos, frito pie, nachos, come to mind, with many more possibilities. Green or red chili, your choice! Standard Throwdown rules apply.

Hey, you left one out :twitch:

lhuT9bp.jpg

Does the chili need to be cooked on a smoker/grill? Mine is made with ground meats which don't lend themselves to being cooked in the smoker/grill. Or just the combination of ingredients to make the final dish?

Hmmm... Maybe another slopper...

Does the chili need to be cooked on a smoker/grill? Mine is made with ground meats which don't lend themselves to being cooked in the smoker/grill. Or just the combination of ingredients to make the final dish?

The latter is fine as the category description doesn't specify otherwise. In other words, as long as one major player in your entry is smoked or grilled, you're good to go. For example, if you made chili burgers, with the burger being the main smoked or grilled ingredient, that would qualify. The chili as you describe how you cook it could be put on the smoker to finish it for final flavor, which would also qualify.

Are you confused yet?

:biggrin1:

We'll see what happens. Worst case... Dilly Bars are delicious! I'm in it for the challenge to try something new, not the prizes.

My official entry into the made with chili throwdown

First time on the throwdown and it for perfectly for tonights dinner. This is my official entry into the made with chili throwdown. Chili was made with homemade chorizo, ground beef, ground pork, bacon, smoked and reverse seared tri-top, and pulled pork. I went team beans this time with both black and red. Hot dogs were smoked for 30 minutes and finished off over the coals. Topped with cheese and onions with a side of potato salad.

Last edited:
First time on the throwdown and it for perfectly for tonights dinner. This is my official entry into the made with chili throwdown. Chili was made with homemade chorizo, ground beef, ground pork, bacon, smoked and reverse seared tri-top, and pulled pork. I went team beans this time with both black and red. Hot dogs were smoked for 30 minutes and finished off over the coals. Topped with cheese and onions with a side of potato salad.

Which one of these photos is your entry pic? :confused:

Back