Are you planning on buying a MAK grill during the group buy?

Are you planning on buying a MAK grill during the group buy?

• Yes, 1 Star

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Yes, 2 Star

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Yes, 3 Star

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 59 78.7%

• Total voters
Same boat here, only looking at the 2 Star with the "Super Smoker" option.

Mentioned it to the Wife and she didn't say "No", so that's gotta a be a positive sign, right?

Sometimes that is worse than when they actually say "no". If she said "do whatever you want" or "whatever you want dear" then that is a much firmer no than a "no" . I would suggest purchasing a couch and see where it goes from there.

I voted no because I'm still not convinced that a pellet grill is the route to take for me. The two different ones I've had meat off of hardly had any smoke flavor and even though people say that a MAK is different, I would have to try it out personally before dropping that much money on one.

Yeah, I don’t think there is a magic genie living in the fire pot of the MAK, that makes the smoke profile that much better than any other pellet grill. I do think MAK has their controller dialed in about as well as it possible can. But, you are still burning the same pellets at about the same rate per hour and the same temp. Subtle differences can be expected.

It’s kind of like comparing an Old Country Brazos to a Jambo offset. The cook will have more bearing on the outcome than the cooker. Now the Jambo maybe easier to keep proper fire, temperature and airflow through the cook chamber. Both being run by the same cook, you may get a little better product off the Jambo, but it would be subtle more than anything.

Now build quality on a Mak, that is a whole different question. It is a premium build. They have most everything thought out well on a MAK.

No magic genie? Say it ain't so MAK owners!

I have wood.I have a Shirley.No would be the answer.

No. I bought my 1 Star last March. However I think son-in-law number 3 is going to pull the trigger.

I’m on the fence. Probably depends on the discount.

I have to vote No, because I couldn’t wait and pulled the trigger on a 1* last summer.

Buy her couches? No friggin way, man up people! Just tell the missus you're getting yourself a new smoker and you may need to hold a shoe sale to pay for it. You wear the pants after all.

After three, maybe four weeks sucking pureed hospital food through a straw you won't much care what your food is cooked on.

You never saw John Wayne ask Maureen O'Hara what he could use to cook a whole steer on. Sheesh.

-In the state of denial, solving problems one problem at a time for going on 7 decades. New sofas, my word...

Buy her couches? No friggin way, man up people! Just tell the missus you're getting yourself a new smoker and you may need to hold a shoe sale to pay for it. You wear the pants after all.

After three, maybe four weeks sucking pureed hospital food through a straw you won't much care what your food is cooked on.

You never saw John Wayne ask Maureen O'Hara what he could use to cook a whole steer on. Sheesh.

-In the state of denial, solving problems one problem at a time for going on 7 decades. New sofas, my word...

I know this type: lots of tough talk, but I'm guessing your browser history is full of chaise loungers.

I think it may depend on the price. I’m really wanting a 2 star in my life.

I can make a logical argument for anywhere between 0 and 3 of them. The actual purchase decision will depend on (in ascending order of importance)

1) Price
2) Alcohol consumption during the ordering process.

Most likely would be either passing or buying a 2 Star for myself and passing the Rectec on to one of my daughters and SIL.

No. But if I buy a pellet cooker it will be a MAK and no others. I'm deep into the BBQ rabbit hole but I haven't reached that bend yet. I still cherish hands on.

I got in on last year's group buy so I'm out this year. Still one of the better decisions I've made - if you're on the fence this is a great deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I thought about it, but I came to the realization I enjoy suffering with cheap cookers. It's what makes cooking fun for me.

No. I thought about it, but I came to the realization I enjoy suffering with cheap cookers. It's what makes cooking fun for me.
Cracked me up. You can't go from a cos directly to a Mak. That's skipping a lot of steps. :heh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back