• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Big Mista's B.A.P.O.M.!

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I have the day off today so I went up to the Century City Farmer's Mkt. to score some lunch from Big Mista. I got the Big Azz Pile of Meat. When Mista says it's a Big Azz Pile of Meat, you better believe it's a Big Azz Pile of Meat! :shocked:

This'll keep me and the family busy for a little while, what with me doing the portion control and all. I did eat a little more than normal, but I rarely get out to see Big Mista so I figured living it up a little was the right thing to do today. :thumb:

Photo1-132.jpg

Now you're only seeing the top layer. All this what you're seeing is laying on a bed of pulled pork and brisket. :clap2:

Gotta talk about the pastrami - :hail: hard to describe without using expletives. Farking amazing! Neil - you have a serious winner there.

I never give turkey breast much thought - I was really surprised at how good this was - tender, flavorful, juicy - all that! I should start cooking these - or maybe keep trying to get Thursdays off & go score from Mista. I'm guessing this is brined, yes?

Brisket - lots of folks have trouble getting one cooked correctly - how does he nail several on a consistent basis? :noidea: Untrimmed spares were also really great as was the pulled pork. The hot links rocked my world too - I have a weakness for hot links, and these are just farking killer.

I should have gotten sides, but I figured I had my work cut out for me as it was. I got some spicy sauce on the side - Big Mista's BBQ doesn't need sauce, but I did hit some bites with it - great stuff! It's good to mix it up a little between nekkid and sauced.

Great food Neil - I hope your business continues to flourish - you certainly deserve any and all success that comes your way. :clap2:

BTW I was gonna wait until the lunch rush, which was just starting as I split, got really busy so I could sneak off with the Ranch Kettle. :twisted:

Niel learned to BBQ here, we can all do it.

That is a wonderful looking pile of meat.

i'm asking for donations so i can afford the gas to go down there and eat some of that great food. looks rediculously awesome !

Mind if I ask how much $$ and how many hungry ppl it would feed?

That was $20, and I'm thinking he threw some extra on there. I could see that being easily enough meat for 4 or 5 people, or 2 or 3 hawgs. I had a lunch, I know my whole family will get plenty tonight (me, the wife, and 10 & 12 year old boys), and I'm guessing there'll still be some left over. Now if I wasn't watching my portions it'd be a whole 'nother story. If I was in my 20's and herbally enhanced and/or sauced I probably could have almost dusted the whole thing. :shocked:

Why even cook your own food.

I'll admit the thought passed through my head as I was eating lunch. :heh:

Niel learned to BBQ here, we can all do it.

That is a wonderful looking pile of meat.

I've stumbled across a couple of old threads where Big Mista is saying "I gotta try cooking one of those briskets sometime"!

So where's the garnish, I thought those turn in boxes were supposed to have parsley in them or something?

The food looks farking great, once again I'm finding myself jealous of you California folk. :tsk:

Back