• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Best smoke book

This is not BBQ per se, but is a VERY helpful book for making meats that can become BBQ...

Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing by
Michael Ruhlman

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Charcuterie-Craft-Salting-Smoking-Curing/dp/0393058298"]Charcuterie: The Craft of Salting, Smoking, and Curing: Michael Ruhlman, Brian Polcyn, Thomas Keller: 9780393058291: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

This isn't exactly a smoking book, but one of my favorites is Steven Raichlen's "How to Grill" [ame="http://www.amazon.com/How-Grill-Complete-Illustrated-Techniques/dp/0761120149"]How to Grill: The Complete Illustrated Book of Barbecue Techniques: Steven Raichlen: 9780761120148: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]. It has some smoking recipes and info, but most of the recipes are for grilling. Everything I have made from it has been amazing.

I have found some of the books by big name people that supposedly reveal their secrets are always missing a little bit that you have to figure out yourself.

So far, my favorite is Dr. BBQ's Big Time Barbecue Cookbook.

Not BBQ, but closely related is Charcuterie by Michael Ruhlman.

CD

I have two "barbecue" cookbooks on the bookshelf in my office that I refer to often. Both of them have been suggested in this thread...

Adam Perry Lang's Serious Barbecue
Andy Husband and Chris Hart's Wicked Good Barbecue

I should note that I own almost every barbecue book that is available (meaning in print now, and not self-published), and we have just about every book suggested here for sale in our store, but these are the two I love. Adam Perry Lang has a newer book called Charred and Scruffed that I really like as well.

I'm in middle of reading "BBQ Crossroads," Robb Walsh's new book in which he and a photographer take a road trip across the South and visit barbecue joints. You get recipes and barbecue oral history together in a travelogue. And they are picky about their barbecue stops. They eat only at places that do barbecue in wood-fired pits.
Great story-telling and wonderful pictures.
Be warned, however, that Walsh is no fan of competition barbecue.

Back